Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Waste Connections, Inc.
Job TitleLead Mechanic
Requisition Primary LocationNew Port Richey, Florida
We are looking for a high energy Lead Diesel Mechanic to join the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Typical schedule is Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays as needed.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools.
- Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus !
Apply today and Connect with Your Future! Call Nehemiah at (see application details) for assistance.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)