Per Diem - Access Service Rep - Glen Cove, NY
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by UnitedHealth Group
Healthcare isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD - 10 Coding replaces ICD - 9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We're a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage our compassion, our talent, our resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.
- Contacts insurance carrier(s) to obtain all information necessary for the successful billing of 3rd party payers (coordination of benefits, benefit coverage / limits, co - pay / deductible amounts, authorization, pre - certification and referral requirements, etc.
- Re - verifies insurance of recurring patients
- Advises patient of all financial obligations
- Communicates balance amounts, deposits and point of service payments
- Prepares charts, registration, and forms
- Informs manager of all activities, needs, and problems
- Assists with data collection and performs charge entry as needed
- Deals with physicians, nurses and other customers
- Performs related duties as required
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with Microsoft Word (create correspondence and work within templates) and Microsoft Outlook (generate emails and calendar management)
- Ability to work a planned Per Diem schedule with no guaranteed hours. When needed, this position calls for the availability to support the day, evening, and night shifts, working various days, including weekends and holidays
- Experience performing customer service in a medical setting
- Experience with ICD - 10 codes
- Experience performing registration in a healthcare setting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Keywords: UHG, Glen Cove, customer service, registration, per diem, part time, on call, hospital, office, clinic
NEW ALTERNATIVES FOR CHILDREN