Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by ASPIRE LIVING LTD
Reports to: Team Leader
Department: Supported Living
Salary: £8.25 per hour
To provide practical care and assistance to adults with a learning disability living in their own homes as part of the local community.
To be part of a team enabling adults with a learning disability to maintain their maximum potential for independence in personal care and domestic routines. Respecting the rights of individuals to personal choice, respect and dignity.
Job location : Worcestershire
- To provide a Service of Care to enable those we support to lead as independent a lifestyle as possible. This Care Service will involve a programme of personal care and household management that is personalised for each person in the form of a Care Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting with the following activities and in so doing will at all times observe and respect the service users dignity, privacy and independence as far as practical
- Personal Care: Dressing and undressing / preparing for work or day activities; Washing / bathing / showering / shaving / grooming / cleaning teeth; Hair care (washing / drying/ brushing); All aspects of personal hygiene in relation to toilet routines; Continence management; Getting in and out of bed; Assisting with the use of Aids to Daily Living / Rehabilitation Aids, as required; Helping with rehabilitation programmes, as prescribed by Healthcare professionals
- Healthcare: Assisting the individual to take prescribed medication and collect prescriptions as required. Support to attend medical appointments, dental care etc
- Dietary Care: Preparation of snacks, meals and drinks according to the individuals likes / dislikes. Assisting with feeding, as required
- Domestic / Household Services: General cleaning duties, to include cleaning / dusting / vacuuming / polishing; Bed-making; Clearing refuse and rubbish; Laundering / Hand-washing / Ironing / Light needlework, as required; Shopping and the preparation of shopping lists. With or on behalf of the individual.
- Personal services: Assistance with money handling, to include paying bills, collecting pensions and paying for shopping. Personal planning (birthdays / anniversaries etc). Support to read correspondence.
- Support the individual to access leisure activities and being prepared to participate if required.
- Ensure highest standards of health and safety are maintained, promoting and encouraging Service Users to maintain awareness and response to hazards
- To develop/maintain and update care plans and risk assessments as required
- To work according to a rota which may require sleep-in duties and will include working evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
- To participate in regular supervision, annual appraisal and undertake training as required
- To complete all training as identified for the role at the appropriate time .For new starters this will include completion of the Care Certificate within the probation period.
- To attend team meetings as a minimum 3 a year.
- All staff are required to comply with Aspire's Policies and Procedures, including Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Confidentiality and Code of Conduct
- Undertake other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required.
The tasks listed above are an indication of the main tasks of the role and are not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities. All members of staff are required to be responsive and flexible in line with the needs of the people we support, the responsibilities of the post and requirements of the organisation.
Skills, Qualifications, Competence Level
Minimum qualifications/education required
- Good level of education with the ability to read and write
- Must be able to complete forms and record activities and incidents accurately and in a timely manner
- Staff with dyslexia will be given support if they have difficulty with the written word
- Previous experience of working with adults with learning disabilities or vulnerable adults is desirable
- NVQ L2 or equivalent is desirable but training will be provided where required
Particular aptitude/skills/knowledge required
- Respect for people's rights to independent lifestyles
- Respect for people's dignity
- Supportive and caring
Specialist training. Core training will be provided. This is compulsory and will include:
- Health & Safety
- Equality & Diversity
- Adult Safeguarding
- Moving & Handling
- First Aid
- Fire Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Other specific training will be provided where required
- Car driver with valid licence
- Full-time ownership/use of car for business use with current tax, MOT if applicable and insurance to cover business user and carrying of passengers
- 29 days annual leave
- Paid training
- Company sick pay
- Paid DBS check
- Paid travel time and travel
Meridian Business Support
T A MATTHEWS AND CO