Director, Project Management (m/f)
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by i-Pharm Consulting
Office-based in Munich or Home-based Germany
Role / Description:
• Lead, direct, and be accountable for the overall performance and delivery of assigned portfolio
• Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project requirements and business goals in collaboration
with Executive Management, Business Development and other members of the internal study team
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Draft and review key project study governance documents
• Manage risks across projects within assigned portfolio
• Routinely track budget items and facilitate reconciliation for all services against scopes of work
• Communicate milestone billing completion to the Finance Department
• Responsible for study close-out and archiving systems
• Coordinate and communicate with clients and all other stakeholders (investigative sites, third party vendors, etc.) to
ensure the alignment of planned objectives to activities
• Effectively communicate project expectations to study team members and sponsor/CRO/third party vendors in a
timely and clear fashion
• Implement and maintain the project quality plan on projects assigned
• Maintain regular liaison with the client (sponsor/CRO) and document interactions with the same
• When required, work with Business Development to gain portfolio visibility of clients' upcoming projects for early
• Support Business Development preparation for and attendance at bid defences
• May have overall responsibility of management including direction, coordination, performance, and evaluation of the
assigned team and staff
• Responsibilities may include: o hiring employees
• training employees
• planning, assigning, and directing work
• appraising performance
• rewarding and disciplining employees
• Addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of 10 years combined project management and operational delivery experience including management of
large complex projects.
• Minimum of 5 years of increasing leadership experience, with strong management organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work with all levels of leadership, management and staff,
both business and technical, as well as customers and vendors.
• Strong consultative, presentation, analytical and business communication skills (oral and written) required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills complemented by solid business and technical background, and
keen interest in business operations, process improvement and change impact.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management principles as they relate to project management and operational
• Experience working in high growth M&A environments required.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, be flexible, work with
interruptions, work in stressful situations, and shift priorities of work as required.
• Must be able to plan and organize work effectively to meet established guidelines.
• Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
• Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please call Marica Mamic on or email:
If this role is not suitable, Marica is also available to discuss other possible