Senior Marketer Export - Feed | Nutrition Division
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Do you have 3+ years' experience in animal feed ingredient procurement and sales? Do you have a degree in Agriculture Business, Animal Science or related discipline - or equivalent experience? Are you a relationship builder and a creative thinker, with a high level of integrity? If so, we'd like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing animal feed ingredients. Join us and grow your career with Wilbur-Ellis - a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth & development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Wilbur-Ellis Company Feed Division is seeking a driven professional to create, develop, and execute feed ingredient marketing plans of our Lethbridge Canada location. The person in this key position will have the opportunity to work as part of our growing team of merchandisers, driving the procurement and sales of animal feed/ingredients by cultivating strong relationships with suppliers and customers. The ideal candidate has a love of the Feed Industry and outstanding sales and customer service skills.
Key Skills and Abilities include:
- Able to produce profitable sales in target areas for growth through exporting grains and other ingredients including peas, canola and oats from western Canada to southeast Asia
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers
- Promote company name/reputation in marketplace
- Collect market information and gain a comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients marketed
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines
- Work within defined position limits as well as established company policies
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to develop and communicate a strategy for their area of responsibility
- Manage key aspects for the execution of the business including Working Capital metrics as outlined by the company, annual budget preparation for the area of responsibility including expense management.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Minimum of 5-7 years' work experience in Feed Sales specifically export marketing sales.
- Capable of overnight business travel, to include occasional travel by airplane.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Suppliers and Coworkers
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas
- Must be able to follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence
- Must be assertive and able to accept rejection
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Service oriented
- Quality driven
- Possess integrity & Professionalism
- Knowledge of industry markets
- General understanding of regulatory requirements in each country
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Work with the Product Group Managers to develop a customer base within assigned markets.
- Work with Product Group Managers to understand the products where Wilbur-Ellis would have a competitive advantage in the export markets.
- Market feed ingredients to existing customers and other markets as opportunities arise to increase sale opportunities.
- Able to provide leadership and management to team of associate marketers or marketers for a particular program or ingredient.
Other Position Parameters
- The role reports to Group Director
- The post is located in either Vancouver, WA, Lethbridge, Alberta or a location in the Midwest USA.
- Frequent travel to western or Midwest USA and Canada is required.
- Competitive salary/bonus structure/benefits package
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Feed, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
The Humane Society of the United States