Retention Marketing Specialist, Buyer
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Etsy
Retention Marketing Specialist, Buyer
New York, NY
Marketing & Communications - Marketing
Are you passionate about customer engagement? Do you operate quickly, creatively, and accurately? Are you an organized self-starter with strong problem solving skills who values cross-functional team collaboration?
As Retention Marketing Specialist, you'll be a crucial member of the Marketing team. We work closely with cross-functional partners to build and optimize targeted email marketing campaigns to engage with Etsy Buyers around the world. You'll bring our strategy and programming best practices to life through the successful planning, experimentation, and perfect execution of multi-touch buyer email campaigns, in addition to evergreen ad-hoc email sends. You'll contribute to channel tactics, strategies, and priorities by consistently providing analyses on campaign performance and identifying audience-specific engagement trends to drive delivery of relevant content. Our team makes a big impact and positive difference in real people's lives.
You will be responsible for the planning, production, and execution of engaging email campaigns that align with channel goals, strategies, and objectives.
This role is based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
About the Role:
- Create and execute data-driven, dynamic campaigns and deliver highly-targeted/segmented marketing campaigns by planning and executing day-to-day email and push marketing deployments
- Actively maintain the Email Marketing calendar and production schedule to ensure timely and accurate execution and delivery of campaigns. In addition, schedule and deliver campaigns according to plans
- Work with product managers and data analysts to validate and build audience segments
- Collaborate with key partners to build content and create assets used to produce engaging and impactful campaigns including running experiments to optimize email & push channel performance
- Compile, analyze, and deliver weekly reporting and insights to improve future campaigns including the optimization of delivery rate, open rate, click-through rate, visits, conversion rate, and unsub rate
- Develop and maintain campaign and project briefs, including clear status updates with partners on deadlines, production progress, and delivery confirmation
- Quality assure and proof all owned campaigns to ensure compliance with briefs, proper tracking, programming guidelines, content strategy, and ever-changing process standards
- Build, schedule, and optimize campaigns including compiling, analyzing, and delivering reporting and recommendations
- Contribute to ongoing email marketing and ad hoc initiatives including continual optimization of marketing strategy, platform, and related processes
- You are passionate about the Etsy marketplace and user experience
- You are an organized, efficient, and resourceful self-starting leader with proven problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, effective communications/interpersonal skills, and excellent time management abilities
- You think 360 and prioritize the holistic customer experience with email, and have a strong understanding of all components that impact subscriber engagement and channel success
- You understand the importance of aligning priorities and deliverables in role to team strategy, standard methodologies, and goals
- You have strong analytical skills, and use data to form hypotheses that synthesize results into recommendations
- You have the ability develop and tell a story with merchandise and copy
- You are agile and quick to adapt to the evolving business needs and objectives but also acutely aware of long term goals
- You are highly collaborative and operate with integrity, confidence, and empathy. You're willing to roll your sleeves up and get into the details to support your team and business needs
- You have a high bar for excellence, taking accountability, ownership, and pride in all work that you produce and deliver
- You have 3+ years of online and direct response marketing experience with demonstrated success in executing high volume email marketing programs
- You have digital and content marketing expertise with strong visual, programming, and copywriting skills
- You have experience working with various Email Service Providers (ESPs) and managing email campaigns. *Bonus: You have worked in Salesforce Marketing Cloud*
- Preferred: You understand CAN-SPAM/CASL requirements, HTML, email design standards, and inbox deliverability
- Bonus: B2C digital marketing experience with a third party marketplace
Interested in working with us? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you'd be great for the job. We value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell us what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you're proud of, we'd love to hear about it.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.