Manager 2, Executive Dining Room
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Sodexo
Executive Dining Room Manager 2
Sodexo Government has an exciting opportunity for a prestigious food service account located in the northern Virginia area. This account generates approximately $20 million annually in revenue. The Executive Dining Room Manager will be responsible for maintaining an excellent client relationship and ensuring high customer service standards.
The Executive Dining Room Manager will have full oversight of the operation while managing managers and frontline unionized employees. This operation is Monday thru Friday, 52 weeks per year and closed on all Federal holidays. The Executive Dining Room may work in any type of food location on client premises. This opportunity is for the exclusive feeding of VIP personnel in the exclusive Members Dining Room. This dining facility is a destination for politicians, diplomats, and savvy diners. This individual provides oversight at the direction of the General Manager. This individual will provide support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business.
Security clearance will be required, which will include a polygraph interview . US citizenship is required.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Experience in all aspects of restaurant or cafeteria operations, Customer Service, Cash handling, HR responsibilities, Financial Reporting, Marketing and promotions.
- Minimum of 5 years' non-supervisory experience in food service industry.
Preferably 3 years' management experience in fine dining.
Experience costing menus, ordering food products and supplies, and ensuring maintenance of equipment.
- Ability to manage standards/systems in a caf / retail operation. The ability to hold employees accountable and the ability to create an engaged productive work force.
- Previous Retail operations experience and a passion for providing quality food options to enhance and elevate the dining experience.
Supervises Executive Dining Room staff and service operations in an Executive Dining Room to ensure an excellent customer experience and client satisfaction. Implements company service and quality standards to achieve the account's goals while demonstrating the company mission and values. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through the implementation of services and program that exceed client and customer expectations.
Develops and maintains customer relationships to achieve excellent customer and client satisfaction with Executive Dining Room services, staff, and food quality.
- operations in an Executive Dining Room.
- Ensures that employees demonstrate an active customer hospitality and service orientation toward customers and clients and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate company resource when necessary.
-Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources to perform their jobs to meet goals and deadlines and ensures that dining room is clean, neat, and organized and is fully stocked with all needed items, including silverware, condiments and replenishments of product at all times.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards and provides positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Sodexo safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste and complies with all government regulations.
- Ensures the quality of operations, including dishware, linens, food and beverage items, and preparing alcoholic beverages to standards, and complying with all client, company and state Food Safety requirements.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.