Senior Accountant - Cost Accounting
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Harbor Freight Tools
The Senior Cost Accountant contributes to the delivery of accurate financial statements through account maintenance, reconciliation, and analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the accurate valuation of inventory across the HFT.
- Ensure all inventory related balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Possess the ability to analyze inventory trends and the potential impact to HFT's operating performance.
- Must be able to monitor, identify and resolve all costing issues by SKU across HFT.
- Must possess the willingness and ability to collaborate cross-functionally on a regular basis.
- Perform various monthly analyses related to Landed Cost and other inventory adjustment types.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses with respects to Inventory and COGS.
- Must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the HFT organization.
- Diligently work with our IT partners to test and ultimately approve ongoing Oracle enhancements.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, consistently support our Cost Accounting customers, influence an audience and lead projects.
- Support the inventory count process for all HFT locations
- Supervisory Responsibility - None
- Decision Making and Confidential Information - Responsible for maintaining security of highly confidential data
- Equipment Used - Telephone, computer, printer, copier, fax
Job Qualifications - Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance required
- 3 - 5 years cost accounting or similar experience
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Demonstrate advanced MS Office knowledge (focus on MS Excel and MS Access)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Ability to develop, improve, document and follow processes
- Ability to provide high quality deliverables while meeting deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to take on projects from idea through completion
- Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Understands the team concept and has a strong desire to be a contributing teammate
- Working knowledge of Oracle is desirable
- Integrity and ethics that are beyond reproach
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools:
In 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977