Mortgage Investigation Representative
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Frasco Inc
Frasco, Inc. provides unparalleled quality investigations throughout the entire United States. Frasco is a full-service investigation corporation serving the insurance, legal, employment, and entertainment communities. Our client base includes many of the nation's largest insurance carriers in the workers' compensation, liability, and disability arenas; corporate and independent counsel; risk management for entertainers and public figures; and many municipalities and public agencies. Services we provide include surveillance, statement & interviews, activities checks, background checks, and other investigative endeavors.
We are seeking a full-time Mortgage Investigation Representative to join our growing team in Naperville, IL.
We are looking for professionals with a strong investigative background who have a proven ability to solve problems and manage tasks quickly and reliably. The position involves reviewing closed loan files and re-verifying information from the loan application, such as employment / income, assets, undisclosed debts, Settlement Statements, and occupancy. In addition, the role includes researching and entering information accurately into the company database as well as compiling comprehensive, detail-oriented reports based on your findings.
- Review mortgage documents to identify possible fraud.
- Perform and manage verification of employment with various employers
- Verify assets with banks and review credit records for undisclosed debts
- Research public records to determine occupancy
- Obtain records from various websites to confirm / dispute information in the loan application
- Conduct telephonic interviews with borrowers (purchaser of the property) to determine the true nature of loan transactions.
- Maintain effective record keeping for all calls and faxes handled.
- Compile accurate verification requests to be sent via fax and ensure all verifications sent out are followed up on in a timely manner.
- Work within a given period of time to complete these tasks.
- Provide timely updates of progress within the Frasco website.
- Compile a final report encompassing all aspects of the investigation.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills, education and experience:
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Background in the mortgage and / or real estate industry preferred.
- Ability to analyze information quickly and identify discrepancies.
- Experience with navigating computer systems as well as excellent data entry skills* (minimum of 50 WPM)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook and Internet Navigation
- Ability to multi-task and manage daily assignments
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment
- Enjoys interacting with people from all walks of life
- Experience with researching business information on the web
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, but not a requirement
Frasco offers competitive starting salary and full benefits package, including matching 401k after a 60 day waiting period. EOE