Sr. Project Manager - Engineering
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Savage Services
Job ID 2
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
Category Corporate Leadership
Savage Services is currently hiring a Sr. Project Manager to join our Engineering team in Midvale, UT.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will manage internal and external resources as necessary to design, procure, and construct Industrial Capital Projects on-time and on-budget that meet commercial, operational, and customer objectives.
* This position requires over 70% travel on an ongoing basis, which is dependent upon project needs. Travel is typically only during the week.
- Deliver projects on-time and on-budget
- Participate in project and business development - conceptual designs, cost estimates, strategy, etc.
- Lead internal and external engineering, procurement, and construction resources
- Ensure designs meet applicable building codes, safety, operational, and commercial objectives
- Manage resources necessary to obtain all applicable permits
- Develop project schedules and milestones.
- Track, manage, and report project costs and progress
- Provide technical support for internal operations
- Identify and prioritize critical tasks
- Adjust and adapt to shifting priorities
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions
- Control project costs by approving expenditures; reviewing bids from contractors
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules and regulations
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations
- Experienced in the development of capital budgets, schedules, and work breakdown structures
- Work effectively in team and independent environments
- Strong problem solving, communication and negotiating experience
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Customer-centered philosophy and approach with a sense of urgency for customer needs.
- Must be drug free and able to pass a criminal background check
- Willingness to participate in an employee based safety program and contribute to a rich safety culture
- BS/BA Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 15+ years of significant project management experience ($20M +)
- Familiarity with processes and operational practices of heavy industries such as rail, transportation, power, mining, refineries, mineral processing, etc.
- Experience in the development of capital budgets, schedules, and work breakdown structures
- This position is based out of our Service and Support Center, which is a professional office environment
- Site visits (industrial in nature and require walking, climbing, and other similar activities) are frequent
- Requires over 70% travel, which is dependent upon project needs. Travel is typically only during the week
With more than 70 years' experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right , Train Right and Treat Right , and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.