Manager, Commercial Accounts Sales Team
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Mimecast Services Limited
Job Location(s) US-CA-San Francisco
Position Type Permanent - Full Time
More information about this job:
This role is based within our Medium Accounts Sales team here at Mimecast and we are looking for an exceptional person with strong sales and leadership skills for the western region. The medium accounts team focuses on opportunities between employees. This is a very rich part of the U.S. market, and a space where the Mimecast proposition resonates very well.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales professional that exhibits a high level of leadership qualities both in terms of inspiring their teams but also delivering consistently high results.
This position will manage a team of sales professionals who are responsible for developing strong relationships and incremental sales opportunities with our existing customer base.
- Manager in charge of all sales activities for accounts in territory
- Develops, or participates with the staff, in the development of the Strategic go-to-market Plan for medium accounts
- Provides leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the company's strategic goals.
- Establishes performance goals for all sales department employees, and monitors performance on a continual basis.
- Develops and/or maintains and improves business relations with all customers & partners of the Company.
- Responsible for driving revenue and use learning's from that experience to refine sales processes and to build an appropriate team;
- Attract, retain, train, and motivate a diverse sales force;
- Achieve monthly / quarterly / annual business targets.
- Sign up to and execute against a set of end to end sales methodology and process (Gold Standard Sales Orders)
Key Performance Indicator's:
- Weekly end user activities
- Forecasting accuracy
- Pipeline stats
- Account penetration and incremental growth
- Minimum of 3 years in sales leadership position in IT (ideally within email / messaging / security / or storage
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading direct and indirect sales teams
- Proven ability to build integrated sales and marketing plans
- Ability to manage risks, priorities and expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven capability of developing talent from within the business
- Ability to work with and gain input and resources from multiple teams and disciplines
- Strong business / commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Results-oriented with a positive outlook
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and that of their team members
- Comfortable with a high performance and dynamic environment
- Thrives to improve everything they do
- Leads from the front
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including dental, healthcare, vision, and life insurance options, Flexible Spending Accounts, and a 401(k) plan. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters thrive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion, integrity, and effectiveness.
We strive to attract exceptional people who have ''that extra something'' and really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump onboard with us?
If this opportunity sounds like the perfect role for you then please apply, attaching your resume to
If you would like more information about Mimecast please visit our website at
We look forward to speaking to you soon!