Production Supervisor 2nd Shift (Beaver Dam)
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Metalcraft of Mayville
Job ID 2
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-WI-Beaver Dam
Posted Date 13 hours ago
Type Regular Full-Time
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of production personnel to safely plan, coordinate, train and motivate employees in order to offer the best products to our customers. Provides production personnel with continual process improvement to ensure consistent quality of products. Works with production personnel to understand and build strong relationships thereby building an effective team.
This is a 2nd Shift Position
- Working closely with Plant Manager, direct and coordinate the activities of team members to meet production goals while maintaining the highest level of quality in a time-sensitive environment.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments. Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel, accomplishing work results, establishing priorities, monitoring progress, revising schedules, and resolving problems.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules and other reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders and Company policies and procedures.
- Observe work and monitor guages, dials, and other indcators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Accomplishes manufacturing staff results by communicating job expectation: planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies and procedures.
- Resolve personnel problems by analyzing data, investigating issue, identifying solution and recommending action.
- Confer with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, setting processing variables, observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, implementing cost reductions, developing reporting procedures and systems, facility corrections to malfunctions with process control points, and initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation with and between departments.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Coaching and identifying the developmental needs of team members and helping improve their knowledge and skills.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures.
- Maintains and enforce safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personal on the use of all control points, equipment and resources, and maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, sorting and analyzing production performance records and data to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Utilize computer programs, e.g. Kronos time and attendance and SAP enterprise resource planning programs; to keep records of employees' attendance, hours worked, efficiencies and other pertinent employee information.
- Requisition materials, supplies, equipment parts, or repair services.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent leadership including team building, collaboration, conflict resolution, motivation
- Motivate, develop and direct team members to achieve the highest performance level possible.
- Monitor and assess team member performance to track progress and to identify areas for improvement and correction action, where needed.
- Active listening to team members, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate to give full attention to what team members are saying.
- Decision-making and considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate course.
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing principles and Six Sigma problem solving a strong plus, with proven track record of participating in continuous improvement in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Possess strong safety practices and have ability to impart safety awareness/practices within team.
- Must possess exemplary communication skills, coaching skills and good business judgment.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from the production staff, sales and pre-production staff.
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret detailed information.
- Advanced understanding of production functions and processes
- Ability to mentor and develop direct reports and be willing to provide hands-on leadership.
Minimum of an Associates Degree in a business or related field. No less than 5 years progressively responsible experience in manufacturing leadership roles or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer proficiency required, must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.