Manager, Chapter Development & Strategy
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Adtalem Global Education
Job ID 205
Employement Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Chapter Development & Strategy is to provide the vision and leadership necessary to support the association's strategy and mission in four areas:
- Increase membership and retention of members through marketing and outreach efforts
- Reach and engage financial crime prevention professionals populations that are underserved
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with regional and functional teams.
- Ensure that membership campaigns and support systems are integrated with program development,
- Reflect international priorities and respond to the existing and anticipated needs of members
- Lead ACAMS chapter development program focused on supporting the association's international education and training at a local level
- Lead, develop and grow membership services and chapter teams
- Provide all the necessary vision, leadership and support to develop and deliver the strategy, advice, counsel and service necessary to meet the association goal of significantly growing and maintaining membership
- Oversees the development of regional membership campaigns that meet the diverse needs of our members.
- Develop the infrastructure and governance to support the growth of our 50+ chapters
- Lead and grow chapter and membership team in an effort to deliver a world-class networking and training experience to our members
- Work closely with the ACAMS Advisory Board to ensure members are heard and incorporated in the departmental outputs
- Develops relationships and works across department lines to create collaborative approaches to increasing membership growth and retention
- Obtain, analyze and disseminate data related to current membership trends, projected changes, population shifts, etc. in order to develop, articulate and implement the strategies to assist in developing the agility to meet the challenges of a changing external environment for our members
- Ensure that technology is embedded and utilized throughout the department as a way of delivering services in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Demonstrated experience utilizing competitive intelligence, market research, customer forums and community feedback and converting that into compelling products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to be successful in a collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical thinking with the ability to make decisions based on quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Drive customer research and interact directly with members, enterprise customers, industry experts and business partners
- Collaborate with internal function and region heads to identify and design new innovations the benefit our members and business partners
- Collaborate with VP Americas on departmental budget and forecast
- Completes other duties as assigned
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consumer Marketing, Membership Management or related experience with demonstrated results.
- 5 to 10 years prior experience (non-supervisory and supervisory) in membership-based organizations or similar environment
- +5 years of in a senior-level management position with responsibility over multidisciplinary functions or equivalent management experience
- Experience developing and managing departmental budgets
- Demonstrated experience working with large data bases of numeric and statistical data in order to fully understand current and projected membership and industry changes.
- Experience in translating data for use in developing business plans to meet future needs
- Demonstrated experience and success in the integration of technology as a critical management tool
- High level communication and persuasive skills to assist in engaging potential members in the vision and mission of ACAMS and developing programs to help increase membership locally including reaching and/or expanding into markets not served or underserved
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation were necessary to succeed
- 20% travel encompassing both day trips and overnights required in order to partner and provide consultative services
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Bachelors Degree required - Master's Degree highly valued but not mandatory
- Strong project management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
The Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS®) is the largest international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime prevention professionals who combat things like cybercrime, human trafficking, and terrorist financing. We help our members reach their full potential by providing extensive resources designed to develop and sharpen the skills required for superior job performance and career advancement. Its CAMS certification is the most widely recognized AML certification among compliance professionals worldwide. ACAMS works with a wide range of industries, from international and local governments to banks, credit unions and even casinos.