Sr. Manufacturing Engineer - Automation
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Affinity Executive Search
* Perform automation/controls programming and engineering functions in accordance with accepted practices and company standards.
* Manage engineering projects from conception through completion:
* Interpret equipment capabilities and specifications.
* Define equipment required to achieve optimal production.
* Prepare detailed project scopes of work.
* Develop electrical schematics.
* Prepare and manage schedules.
* Manage installation and modifications.
* Programming and troubleshooting of PLCs and HMIs.
* Start-up and training.
* Investigate equipment performance and identify any problems for corrective actions and solutions.
* Work closely with all internal team members to identify issues and implement improvements.
* Writes/revises SOPs, User Requirement Specs, Functional Requirement Specs, Design Specs, Qualifications, etc.
* Executes Factory and Site Acceptance Tests, Machinability Studies, and validation protocols.
* Writes and executes Risk Analysis (i.e. FMEA and Fishbone Diagrams) and Engineering Change Orders.
* Maintain GMP compliance.
* Utilize continuous improvement methodology to improve internal processes.
* Bachelors Degree (engineering discipline)
* 5-10 years automation/controls engineering experience
* PLC/HMI experience including Allen Bradley and/or Siemens
* RSLogix experience
* Experience with equipment/machinery installation and start-up
* Experience from FDA or other highly regulated environment
* Pharmaceutical industry highly preferred
* Project management experience
* Good computer skills; experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks
* Attention to detail
* Self-motivated and driven individual
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Stable/solid work history
Affinity Executive Search
State University of New York at Buffalo