Senior Business Manager - HR
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by HS2
About the role:
- Develop, manage and report on the annual business plan, covering key activities, milestones, risks, workforce, resources and budget - taking mitigating actions where necessary;
- Running or facilitating Directorate Away Days and senior management team meeting
- Lead the development of all business processes on behalf of the management team, interfacing with the Business Transformation Programme to ensure that processes are integrated with the rest of the organisation;
- Co-ordinate with project managers to ensure corporate programmes are managed as a coherent and coordinated programme / portfolio;
- Where necessary acting as project management resource for individual projects;
- Own and co-ordinate the controlled deployment of policies and procedures across the directorate, and monitoring compliance to them;
- Ensure an adequate flow of information to and from the Directorate Management Team, communicating decisions, chasing actions, etc. as required;
- Manage a programme of staff engagement activities both within the Directorate and with other Directorates and the Department for Transport, to co-ordinate directorate communications and feedback processes;
- Liaising with Department for Transport and other senior level stakeholders as required
- Special Projects/tasks and finish groups for Executive Director
- Directorate Strategy and Policy Development
- Co-ordinating Directorate Management Plan, Corporate and Annual Plan
- Stakeholder management and facilitation skills.
- Communication skills including producing reports and delivering presentations.
- Organisation and prioritisation skills to manage competing priorities.
- Risk evaluation skills.
- Understanding and experience in developing and managing business plans and budgets, preferably in a programme environment
- Understanding of project and programme management techniques and processes
- Skilled in distilling information from multiple sources and turning it into clear written materials
- Ability to influence and "upwards manage" to senior colleagues
- Ability to work on multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise the most critical activities to achieve timely delivery
- Knowledge of Agile/Lean management techniques
- Knowledge of P6 project management software
- Experience of managing teams within a matrix working environment
- Experience of implementing or operating in a Programme Management framework.
- Experience of implementing change projects across an organisation.
- Experience of working with or within a central Programme Management Office across a large organisation and/or programme.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
About Us: High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.