Communications Engagement Specialist
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by HS2
As The Communications & Engagement Specialist at HS2 you will deliver effective communications which engage and inspire employees, assisting them in driving or implementing change across HS2. The role is a specialist position required to draft communications that convey the HR strategy and messages to the rest of the business.
About the role:
- Develop and manage the relationship with the internal communications team
- Design and deliver the HR communication strategy
- Draft communications for business-wide distribution that convey the key HR values, culture and business changes (within the OD remit)
- Ensure effective, engaging and timely communications reach all colleague groups through the creation and implementation of an annual calendar.
- Manage the annual staff survey process, providing effective suggestions for improvement and the communication of survey results and follow-up actions
- Manage the exit interview process
- Work with the Data and MI team on analysis of staff survey results, exit interview data and other people analytics, so as to be able to communicate outcomes and insights generated
Qualifications About You:
- Time management, organisational & prioritisation skills -including the ability to produce deliverables to time, cost and quality requirements across various workstreams
- Communication skills - including developing engaging content for briefs, reports, workshops & presentations
- Analysis Skills - to develop insight from communications campaigns, surveys and other communications activity
- Knowledge of briefing processes
- Knowledge of communications channels including intranet, social media, emails, newsletters & news stories
- Experience of developing and delivery communications campaigns
- Experience of delivering a communications plan
- Experience of managing internal stakeholders with competing priorities
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK's new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain's major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others' health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 'Safe at Heart' programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.