Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Aon
Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Specialist to join our team in London . The Claims Specialist will be primarily responsible for the claims s ervic ing of both Direct and Reinsurance clients with the primary objective of obtaining agreement & settlement as efficiently as possible while maintaining a high level of client service.
About Aon Reinsurance Solutions
Aon Reinsurance Solutions, a division of Aon plc, is the world's leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalised access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world's markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial and rating agency advisory. Through our professionals' expertise and experience, we advise clients in making optimal capital choices that will empower results and improve operational effectiveness for their business. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services. To learn how Aon Reinsurance Solutions helps empower results, please visit .
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
As a Claims Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Keep claims manager and producers/account managers informed of activities/changes/problems with client claims as appropriate
- Initiate and develop a working relationship with the client.
- Maintain positive relationship and excellent communication with client and co-workers
- Actively manage client expectations
- Organise, assist with and conduct client presentations and claim review meetings as needed
- Cover for other team members during absences
- Request status reports from carriers and apprise clients of updated status on their claims as needed
- Assist clients in resolving insurance coverage problems and/or disputes.
- Provide claim analysis as directed by the service team & agreed upon at account inception
- Assist the account service team in developing loss information for marketing purposes including loss development information and claim statuses on open claims as requested.
- Risk Management: Ensure processes, procedures and compliance policies are always adhered to.
As a Claims Specialist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Knowledge of Reinsurance claims handling would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the London Market
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills with a track record dealing with domestic and international clients.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Taylor James Resourcing
Gallagher Bassett International Ltd
Nashrock Recruitment Ltd