Finance Business Partner
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aon
Finance Business Partner
Aon are currently recruiting a Finance Business Partner to join our team in Epsom. The Finance Business Partner will be driven by the desire to make a difference, possessing the exceptional interpersonal skills needed to swiftly build relationships, deliver wide ranging financial support to senior global stakeholders (some overseas virtually) and become an integral part of the business team. This will involve producing robust financial plans, coordinating and driving efficiencies and supporting the global business partner with ad-hoc analysis and interrogation of data to help add real value to the bottom line margin.
There is also a requirement to partner with Finance and other shared services teams as well as the Finance Centre Of Excellence (COE) in Krakow. The selected individual therefore needs to be able to communicate and influence the organisation at all levels as a minimum pre-requisite.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Finance Business Partner:
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with senior executives and middle management within the Investment business unit and support finance related initiatives.
- Provide strategic analysis, forward looking guidance and challenge to the wide variety of annual and long-term plans that contribute to the commercial development of the business.
- Work with the central reporting team, US and UK FP&A teams to ensure new financial structures and global allocation methodologies are operating effectively.
- Continuously develop and implement key performance measures, including trend analysis and other operational data to provide insightful and challenging contribution to the overall running of the business.
- Partner with the Finance COE and other teams to deliver analysis and insights to influence the business and drive financial performance.
- Lead and drive a best in class process/control environment and work with the Controllership and Compliance functions to ensure appropriate treatment from a statutory or regulatory perspective.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with Aon Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- University / College Degree (preferably in numerate discipline)
- Qualified Accountant [CMA / ACCA / CPA Qualifications]
- Ability to understand the business and communicate the wider financial impact of business decision making to senior executives and governance committees
- The necessary gravitas to influence senior stakeholders
- Historic FP&A, business performance management or business partnering experience at senior levels is essential
- Strong financial acumen
- Experience in preparing management reports, slide decks and presentations for senior stakeholders
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of global structures and cost pool governance is desirable
- The ability to effectively influence and challenge senior executives
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently on their own initiative
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced excel skills (VBA not required)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Expert at building and maintaining relationships
- Able to undertake occasional travel to Poland
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to build upon technical accounting knowledge to develop new initiatives and financial processes
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We're happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we're happy to discuss options with you upon application