Contact Centre Telephony Team Leader
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Financial Conduct Authority
Oversees a team of ca. 10 Contact Centre Associates within the Firm Helpline team, responding to inbound telephone enquiries from firms, flexing resource to cover correspondence and/or consumer helpline calls when required to achieve SLAs
- Oversees the work of a team of ca. 10 Contact Centre Associates responsible for answering inbound telephone enquiries from firms
- Provides full line management for Contact Centre Associates including recruitment, co-ordinating work, performance management and supporting ongoing training and development activities (e.g. around regulatory changes)
- Responds to calls escalated by team or issues raised via complaints, escalating concerns to Telephony Manager and/or Supervision, where needed.
- Identifies trends in calls and suggests ways to address or reduce potential impact e.g. recommending system enhancements or addition of messages on website etc.
- Recommends process improvements and people development needs based on analysis of management information, communications and feedback
- Leads and contributes to Contact Centre projects
- Focuses on achievement of CCC service levels, balancing available resource across disciplines and prioritising over training/project work when required.
We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role. A minimum criterion needs to be measurable from reviewing a candidates CV.
- Requires regulatory and/or financial services knowledge, including knowledge of recent legislation and regulatory developments
- People management skills
- Experience of coaching and leading a team
- Requires customer service experience
- Ability to communicate and influence with a range of individuals
- Requires the ability to communicate with a range of different individuals at influence different levels
- Requires understanding of the FCA and the financial services sector
At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The Customer Contact Centre (CCC) is a key part of the Authorisations Division within the Conduct Business. Unit. Our customers are both the regulated community and members of the public. As first point of contact the CCC handles around 600 calls from regulated firms as well as escalated calls (from an outsource partner) from consumers per day. The CCC also deals with 1000 to 1200 items of correspondence each week from both firms and consumers.
The CCC has accreditation from the Contact Centre Association (CCA), an organisation recognised as a professional body for Contact Centres. This highlights the CCC as an area committed to continual improvement and professionalism not only in its processes and procedures but also for its people.
The FCA's Values & Diversity
Our ambition is to create a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the society we serve, helping us to be a better regulator.
As an inclusive employer, we are open to considering flexible working arrangements. Please contact our recruiter if you wish to apply for this role on a flexible basis.
- This role is graded REG C
- The salary range will be approximately 46,000 to 55,000 GBP plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension
- 6 months secondment/Fixed Term Contract
- Applications for this role close on Tuesday 11 th December 2018
If you are interested learning more about the role:
For internal applications, contact Nicola Williams on
For external applications, contact Vijay Patel on
Please note Applications must be submitted through our online portal. Applications sent via email will not be accepted.
Search jobs & apply