Vice President of Information Technology and E-commerce
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by MRINetwork
The employer is a Private Equity backed multi-state manufacturing and distribution group
- Recommends and develops short and long-term IT strategy and plans for systems implementation, IT service management and operations, capital and operating budgets, and staffing to accomplish business objectives including carve-out standup.
- Develops, implements, and monitors IT systems policies and controls, information security, asset tracking control, and regulatory compliance.
- Development of holistic ERP strategy and management over implementation and ongoing support services.
- Responsible for evaluating, and maintaining technology standards across operations including corporate offices, field offices, retail parts locations and distribution facilities.
- Supports acquisition diligence and integration efforts, when necessary.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees backup and disaster recovery (DR)/business continuity plans (BCP). Manages institutional risk related to data storage and security.
- Directly oversee employees in the Corporate IT Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and career development of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Ensures timely, effective use of technology to support business goals/needs and ensures the organization migrates to an effective hybrid in source/outsource model for the provision of information technology services.
- Administers the Department's budget, within budgetary guidelines to contribute to cost effective operations of the company.
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the executives, management and key stakeholders on projects regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Centrally manages all hardware and software license agreements, communication agreements and vendor contracts.
- Defines and communicates project / day to day milestones, service level agreements (SLAs), and resource allocation to executives, management and key stakeholders.
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
- 10-15 years' experience in IT operations, management and best practices
- At least 10 years' experience in a supervisory role; ability to lead people and get results through others, preferably with at least 5 years as a Director, VP or CIO.
- Environment Design - demonstrated capability to design and implement an IT environment based on a well-articulated roadmap and strategic vision
- Budgeting - proven capabilities in translating technology needs into prioritized plans and budgetary requirements
- Executive Communication - ability to communicate effectively with executives and management regarding technology concepts, plans, operations and requirements
- Prioritization and portfolio management - proven capability of balancing strategic vision, operational requirements and technology alignment into an overall implementation plan
- Project management - demonstrated project management skills ranging from minor technology upgrades to major shifts in technology approach
- People management skills - proven experience coordinating a broad mix of IT staff
- Proven experience in the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, and products
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly, business language
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tattoo's are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- E-commerce (Demandware, Magento, Episerver)
- ERP experience (Netsuite and Great Plains preferred)
- Experience in working with Private Equity is preferred, but not required.
- Prior experience integrating acquisitions and/or separating (carve-out) businesses is desired.
U.S. Security Associates
U.S. Security Associates