SVP, Chief Accounting Officer
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by CBS Corporation
The company is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world.
- Lead and provide recommendations to financial management on all matters relating to the Company's technical accounting, operational procedures and reporting. Actively involved in addressing complex financial reporting issues as they arise and providing appropriate assessments of the application of technical accounting rules to both internal personnel and external constituents.
- As it is relates to the Company's business development and transactional activities, the CAO is responsible for both providing technical accounting guidance including purchase price allocation, as well as coordinating all financial due diligence (in conjunction with the Legal and Corporate Business Development and Strategy groups).
- Serve as a steward for management and shareholders by both ensuring that all financial activities are in conformity with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and corporate policies as well as creating a controlled and compliant environment/culture.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by coordinating with and providing information to both internal and external audit teams in the planning of audit work and issuance of audit reports.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures and protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Provide, as necessary, updates and reports to business leadership and executive finance team members.
- Overseeing the financial modeling of the annual budget and monthly forecasting; as well as developing and maintaining the financial model of the Company's long-term projections.
- Lead the creation and innovation of results-oriented FP&A metrics, which provide greater business insights and enable better financial decision-making across the Company.
- 20+ years of progressive accounting/financial experience with proven success in leadership and management, including significant experience involving consolidated financial reporting within the media/entertainment industry.
- Experience in the Media industry; CPA; MBA a plus.
- The successful candidate must be an experienced and skilled accounting executive with a strong technical background, who also possesses exceptional financial control skills, with comprehensive knowledge of SEC regulations.
- Hands on experience in multi-billion dollar Media M&A Transactions that requires SEC filings.
- Track record of inspiring employees to do the best work of their careers and creating high performance teams.
- Ability to quickly grasp Company operations and business drivers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to articulate verbally and written, willingness to appropriately debate difficult issues; ability to think quickly and present to an audience.
- Outstanding business relationship and interpersonal skills are essential for frequent interaction with senior management.
- Highest professional standards and personal and professional integrity.
- A Bachelors' degree in accounting from an accredited and recognized institution of higher learning is required, ideally with an advanced degree in business administration or finance. CPA required.