Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Rail
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Arcadis
Looking for a different type of opportunity to develop and grow?
If you're an Assistant Cost Consultant who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join our Cost & Commercial Management team and you'll discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you'll provide Professional Quantity Surveying and Cost Management services to a high-profile Rail client.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. Successful candidates will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
- Work within established procedures to undertake tasks relating to the cost control of projects. Review financial information to identify any anomalies or discrepancies to ensure management has access to up-to-date and accurate information
- Individually contribute to a range of professional cost management assignments and monitor and review work undertaken by more junior colleagues, to ensure programmes of work are undertaken and project milestones are met
- Understand and comply with all risk and compliance principles, taking standard corrective action or reporting any unsafe or inappropriate situations or wider project risks, to ensure the delivery of the project is not adversely impacted
- Interpret data and prepare supporting documentation such as schedules, feasibility studies and cost reports, making straightforward recommendations to support senior colleagues in their decision-making process
- Take a proactive role in assessing and evaluating cost and commercial management processes, sharing knowledge, identifying opportunities and providing advice to help improve processes and systems
- Apply technical methods and expertise to complete complex, professional level tasks as requested by colleagues, prioritising case load and interpreting established policies to effectively support the cost and commercial management function
- Provide specialist advice and support on cost management queries to customers inside and outside the business, ensuring an efficient and high-quality provision of information to all internal and external stakeholders
- Assist senior staff to resolve stakeholder issues by flagging issues as soon as they are encountered and suggesting appropriate solutions to contribute to client care to ensure ongoing client satisfaction
What You have to Offer:
Cost planning experience
Post-contract delivery experience
Cost Management experience
Thirst for knowledge and innovation
Client facing pre-contract and post-contract capability
Degree qualified in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services.
Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe.
We are 27,000 people that generate €3.4 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world. Please visit: .
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
At Arcadis, we trust our teams to create their own work-life balance. It means we always welcome people who want or need a flexible career. We're proud of the diverse ways of working that thrive in our community as a result.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
- For some levels, PMI and Income Protection is paid for
- Highly competitive salary
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
- Pension, matching up to 8% after probationary period
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan
- Annual Professional Subscription Paid
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Long Term Service Awards
- Discretionary Bonus
- Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
- Opportunity to invest in the Arcadis staff discounted share scheme
- BSc/MSc in quantity surveying or other relevant business discipline
T.E.D. Recruitment Ltd
Fawkes & Reece