Innovation Management Specialist - Leeds
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by bct resourcing
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience c.£35-£45k.
Our client is looking to recruit highly motivated and dynamic specialists in innovation in their Leeds office. Innovation Management Specialists will identify and support small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to improve their innovation capacity. Working with each company, the Specialist will thoroughly analyse existing innovation management capabilities and barriers, then broker and/or deliver an action plan that significantly improves the client's innovation systems and practices leading to increased business success.
Business success is measured in terms of bringing new products to market, creation of new jobs, introducing new products into the company for increased productivity, increased turnover etc. The Innovation Specialists will join the Enterprise Europe Network team which operates across the North of England.
The successful candidate is likely to have a degree level (or equivalent) qualification, but the exact details of their academic background is less relevant than a good working knowledge of how to innovate and experience in the commercial sector at a senior level and/or in the provision of business support.
- Identification of innovative and ambitious businesses with the most potential for growth
- Holistic analysis of the company to gain an in depth understanding of innovation capacity and the potential for commercialising innovations
- Acting as a coach/mentor to support each company in the development of long term innovation management
- Creation of a bespoke company action plan that includes a range of support services
You will be required to regularly visit the other offices and travel to client SMEs across the North (on occasion, the UK and wider European destinations).
Knowledge & Experience:
- Training, mentoring and coaching experience
- Specialism in one or more of the following areas:
*Marketing & Sales
*Leadership and change management
*Creative Thinking, Ideation
*Design sprints or service/product design
*Intellectual Property & commercialisation
- Be a credible innovation specialist with an excellent understanding of the innovation and internationalisation challenges
- Experience of working with high growth companies
- Dynamic with drive and determination to make a difference
- Good team player with a willingness to learn
- An active influencer and problem solver