Senior Commercial Litigator - Manchester
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by DAC Beachcroft
We are looking for a dedicated and experienced litigator with a skillset to enhance and complement the specialisms in our team, which centre around the corporate and business sector.
We are interested in candidates with sector experience in, by way of example, Banking, Competition, Energy, International Trade, IP and Waste.
As part of a large international law firm with a top 20 presence in the UK, you will develop your area of expertise into a thriving practice for UK-based corporates but your reputation can also attract international clients.
• We offer an excellent reputation for the successful resolution of commercial disputes. We are highly rated in both Chambers and Legal 500 and are the winners of the Legal Week Best Legal Adviser category for 2 years' running.
• Our client base offers a range of commercial national clients well beyond the core strengths of the firm as a whole in health and insurance; for example we have a strong client base in technology and among major corporates.
• We focus on work for a variety of international clients. We are the home of the firm's German Desk in addition to hosting our Japanese Desk in the Manchester office.
• The firm has an international footprint with offices in Europe, Central and South America and the Far East. We also have strong associations in North America and Australia.
You aspire to develop your own practice area into one which is capable of sustaining itself within a timeframe of 3-5 years and you are able to articulate this objective by reference to a credible business plan.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be business focused, solution driven and commercial and able to act as a sounding board and trusted adviser to business leaders.
• Thrive in a busy and pressured environment in which clients expect first rate advice on a wide variety of contentious commercial topics on short notice and under tight deadlines.
• Be able to deal with General Counsel and understand the expectations of large corporate organisations when it comes to legal advice and risk management.
• Work collegiately with team members and other departments within the office and firm.
• Embrace modern working practices, such as agile and remote working and the use of technological solutions to facilitate them.
Candidates who are business fluent in a foreign language and want to utilise this skill as part of business development would be of interest.
Progression & Flexibility
As a firm, we are avid investors in people and this is an opportunity which will offer strong progression prospects for the right candidate who is looking for new challenges and opportunities.
About the firm
We pride ourselves on being a forward-thinking firm. With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate and we are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK 2017, our partners and professionals were awarded 99 rankings as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of them in Band 1 and 2. In Legal 500 UK 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.