Defendant Personal Injury Lawyers
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by DAC Beachcroft
Due to increasing volumes of work from both new and existing clients our Defendant Personal Injury team is hiring again.With 22 team members, our
Defendant Personal Injury Team is the largest team in the Dublin office. We have a fantastic client base (both domestic and international Insurers as well as a range of large self insured corporates). We are passionate about delivering a top quality proactive service to our clients.
If you really care about what you do and want to be challenged and challenge, please get in touch. We are looking for two or possibly three new team members and please see the detail below about the roles. We are looking for team members with between 2 and 7 years experience but, we are always interested in the right person. If you are interested, please get in touch…
• Manage an Irish caseload of motor/EL and PL claims on behalf of major insurers
• Deal with all the aspects of a claim from assessing liability, undertaking additional investigations, advising on appropriate reserves and reporting directly to clients in relation to same
• Proactively litigating cases, to include drafting pleadings where appropriate, conducting settlement negotiations and briefing/attending counsel for trial
• Maintaining MI on behalf of clients
• Collation and management of key documents and papers relating to claims
• Assume responsibility for quality control and SLA compliance on own caseload
• Ensure the consistent and accurate management of file handling within DAC Beachcroft file handling protocols, including, billing, management of WIP etc.
• Utilise a case management system
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms data security protocols
• Solicitors experienced in running their own Irish personal injury case load (preferably a Defendant case load but Plaintiff solicitors will also be considered)
• A few years' experience of personal injury work as a solicitor in either a solicitor's practice or within an insurance environment is essential
• Experience in the supervision of more junior fee earners would be an advantage
• A law degree is preferable as is an excellent academic record
• Excellent IT skills including a good working knowledge Microsoft Office
• Knowledge/previous experience of case management systems and the provision of accurate MI would be an advantage
• Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would also be an advantage
• Team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particular in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
• Client focused with an ability to build strong relationships with client and third party contacts at all levels and to assess issues from a commercial perspective
About the firm
With over 2,400 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.