Fee Earner - Fraud
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by DAC Beachcroft
Specific responsibilities will include:-
• Handling a varied caseload of pre-litigated and litigated claims (depending on experience), with an appropriate level of supervision
• Supporting the more experienced fee earners in the team on the more complex or larger fraud cases
• Acting as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience
• Ensuring full compliance with clients' SLAs and DAC Beachcroft's internal protocols
• Demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files
• Achieving annual fee targets and hitting 1440 chargeable hours per year
• Supporting marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. attending marketing events and client training
• Building an awareness of the Firm's other services, developing effective internal and external networks
• Maintaining and developing technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and meeting Solicitors Regulatory Authority CPD requirements, where necessary
• Experienced fee earner (Paralegal / Litigation Executive, Legal Executive or Solicitor), preferably with a strong litigation background gained within a personal injury environment
• Knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules
• Expertise in fraud is beneficial, but not essential, as the successful candidate will be fully trained in dealing with fraud cases
• Confident negotiator and communicator
• First class investigation and analytical skills
• Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision, but also a team player with a collegiate approach to knowledge sharing and problem solving, particularly in the case of multi-site clients which are supported across the team
• A commercial perspective on legal issues
After a period of consolidation in the counter-fraud market, this is an exciting time for the Motor Fraud team as it is poised for substantial growth following some significant client wins. Currently the team has four partners and ninety fee earners, working alongside the largest Intelligence Team in the country.
There are various positions available in Birmingham (where the majority of the team is based) and Newcastle.
The work includes:-
• Minimal Impact Cases - Low Speed/Significant Trauma Cases
• Phantom Passengers
• Contrived Claims
• Semi-staged / Staged Claims
• Exaggerated Claims
• Organised (Ringed) Fraud
Motor fraud team is a multiple award-winning team, most recently picking up the prestigious "Fraud Investigation Team of the Year" at the Post Insurance Fraud Awards 2015. It has a reputation for not only defending the claims themselves (the main aim is full repudiation), but also for proactively tackling those organisations and professional enablers behind the claims, particularly for organised fraud. The team adopts a collaborative approach where both reactive and proactive investigation is promoted, working hand in hand with our clients and agencies such as IFED and the new Regional Fraud teams.
Our investigative work has resulted in a number of outstanding successes for our clients: findings of fraud in civil courts, cases which are being developed for contempt proceedings, and, where a police referral has been made, sentences handed down in successful criminal prosecutions. The success of the team is due to innovative legal strategies and the use of sophisticated analysis, such as telecommunications work, to ensure the insurance fraud industry is equipped to combat these claims.
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Chambers UK, A Client's Guide to the Legal Profession 2016, the firm received 59 rankings with a record 36 of our total listings in either Band 1 or Band 2, as well as 116 lawyer listings.
In The Legal , the leading guide to law firms in the UK, the firm received a record 111 practice area rankings, including more than 60 in the tier 1 and 2 brackets. The firm is also recognised for its international capabilities in Chambers Asia Pacific, as well as Chambers and Legal 500 Europe and Latin America, with more than 50 additional international leading lawyers listed.
DAC Beachcroft is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. We also welcome direct applications. If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please make an application and submit your CV. Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Rec Sense Recruitment