Spring '19 Marketing Internship
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Go Overseas
Do you love traveling internationally (or have your heart set on doing it as soon as possible)? Do you love storytelling, and have a knack forgetting other people as excited about something as you are? Do you want to spend your spring semester applying your marketing knowledge and gaining work experience (while eating Cheese Board Pizza)?
A little background on us: Go Overseas is the Yelp/Trip Advisor for programs abroad: we give travelers the information they need to make more informed and educated decisions about which (study, volunteer, teach, intern, gap, etc) abroad program to go on. And we want your help! We're looking for a Marketing Intern to join us this January at Go Overseas.
As the Marketing Intern, you will work with the Marketing Manager and marketing team at large to implement strategies that bring new people to the site, encourage return visitors, and spread brand awareness and affinity. Your day-to-day will be as varied and exciting as the programs on our site, and you will have the opportunity to grow and take on as much responsibility as your time at Go Overseas will allow.
In this role, you will assist with social media and email marketing; have a hand in curating the visual brand; help execute campaigns; assist with community building and management; conduct user interviews; track metrics and prepare monthly reports; maintain site content; perform other support duties as necessary to assist with the creation and management of large scale marketing campaigns.
- Strong interest in international travel
- Interest in brand marketing, social media, copywriting, and design
- Initiative to take on new projects and bring fresh ideas
- Highly organized, reliable, detail-oriented, and sincerely empathetic
- Experience with social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Experience working in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets to analyze data and inform decisions
- Ability to commit to 10-15 hours per week (between the hours of 9am and 6pm) for 5 months with the potential for an extended internship
- Some knowledge of SEO, HTML, and Google Analytics preferred; if you're not familiar, we can teach you!
- A compelling writer with the flexibility to write to different styles and a firm grasp of the rules of grammar
- Opportunity to learn new skills and tools
- Direct experience working on a marketing team
- Work in a team-oriented, exciting environment close to UC Berkeley campus and public transit
- $3,000 stipend for the semester
- Please submit your resume and cover letter to Izzy Weisz at
- Writing samples are appreciated but not required; selected applicants will be asked to complete a short test
Go Overseas is the Yelp/Trip Advisor for programs abroad. With 1 Million+ monthly users, Go Overseas is the leading listing and review site for programs abroad. We help students & advisors make more informed and educated decisions when choosing a program abroad.