Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Zaltas Gallery Jewelers
Zaltas Gallery Jewelers is seeking an Operations Associate to join their small and passionate team. The Operations Associate will ensure the efficient functioning of the Gallery and all administrative and operational functions. You are a hardworking, entrepreneurial, analytic and highly-communicative individual looking to fill a core, part-time operations position.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to manage and prioritize different operational responsibilities with ease. If you also have a background in inventory management, finance or administration, and knowledge of our industry, we'd like to meet you. The Operations Associate is expected to take on the following roles and responsibilities:Operations and Administrative Support
- Support the financial team by opening and processing all invoices and financial matters;
- Participate in A/P calls, cutting timely checks and making bank deposits;
- Act as the administrative lead for the team and perform related duties assigned;
- Open and process all mail daily, including post-office runs to send packages and/or mail that is timely; and
- Run all errands needed for the gallery, including lunch runs, as requested or required.
- Daily set-up of all inventory, ensuring that all inventory is accounted for and set-up beautifully for customer engagement;
- Daily break-down of all inventory, ensuring all inventory is accounted for and properly stored in the safe prior to departure;
- Ensuring that all new pieces are correctly and completely entered into the inventory system upon arrival at the Gallery;
- Tracking all custom pieces using both the inventory system and ticketing system, ensuring that all times the Gallery can locate all pieces in its possession with complete accuracy;
- Ensuring that all purchased pieces are correctly and completely noted as purchased in the inventory system upon their sale;
- Use software to monitor demand and document inventory, including running reports as needed for the finance and operations teams;
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trusting relationships; and
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs, and work with the CEO to place orders as needed for additional inventory based on financial and operational data.
Reports to: CEOPosition type: Regular, part-time, non-exempt.Schedule: Wednesday thru Friday 9:30 AM - 6:00 PM; Saturday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Flexibility in working three days versus the above mentioned four days per week, but must be agreed upon with your supervisor. Position compensation: Commensurate with industry standards and experience.Position Location: Mamaroneck, NY
A strong candidate will have the following required prior experience, skills and dispositions:
- At least three years of demonstrated work experience in an administrative or operational role;
- Thorough knowledge of administrative systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, project management software, and the ability to work on PCs or Macs as needed;
- Comfort with technology, and an ability to quickly learn new systems, particularly inventory, POS or cloud-based administrative systems;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, with both comfort and ease reporting data to senior management and consultants when needed;
- An ability to self-motivate, and a comfort producing work autonomously;
- An ability to create and maintain a positive and proactive attitude towards the work;
- An ability and interest to think strategically and creatively in addressing the operational needs of the company;
- Strong organizational ability, with the ability to prioritize between multiple responsibilities without supervision; and
- A demonstrated commitment to professional and personal growth, especially as it relates to capitalizing on opportunity and appreciating challenging assignments.
The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred prior experience skills and dispositions:
- A Bachelor's Degree;
- Experience using or managing inventory systems, with additional credit for the the ability to create advanced or custom reports;
- Experience using accounting software, such as Quickbooks;
- Demonstrated experience working in a small company in a similar role; and
- Experience working at or interest in working in the jewelry industry.
To apply, please send an email with the subject Operations Associate and attaching a cover letter, resume and writing sample to . Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Zaltas Gallery Jewelers carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in Zaltas Gallery Jewelers. Zaltas Gallery Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.