Teacher for Infants/Toddlers
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Brighton Schools
Since 1992 Brighton Schools have lived our PASSION FOR PEOPLE daily! Adults and children are loved, appreciated and supported. Our team leads the parade in our successes. We support our staff to THRIVE!OUR GOAL for our program is to provide the highest quality instruction paired with love, nurturing and support for all types of learners. Our environment is equal parts academics, social-emotional development, positive relationships, and childhood magic. Children, families, and team members are at home at Brighton and look forward to being with us every day.OUR TEAM is amazing: We are energetic, professional, supportive, team-oriented, appreciative and flexible. The creativity in our buildings is astounding. Our instruction is inspired and based on age and developmentally appropriate practices. Our teachers love that they can influence their own program and our schools as a whole.
Brighton Staff Love That:
- We have high standards in everything we do.
- We are privately owned and operated. Our owners are hands-on, in the schools and give 100% support to our mission statement.
- We provide extensive training and support.
- We require on-going professional development.
- Brighton encourages staff growth. We ONLY promote from within our schools.
- We don't put up with gossip, bad attitudes, low work quality or selfishness.
- Children, their health, happiness, and well-being are our first priority.
- Staff members (teaching, kitchen, office or administration) are ALL valued, and work TOGETHER to make our schools what they are today- Amazing!
Benefits Brighton Offers:
- A wonderful, supportive and collaborative environment for teachers
- Competitive salary compensation
- Comprehensive benefits for all full time (30+ hours a week) team members
- 50% starting discount on childcare tuition ( up to 100% off depending on years of service and the number of children attending)
- Medical, dental and vision options
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off which accrues and increases with seniority- up to 5 weeks
- 401 K
- Professional development and training
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Growth and advancement opportunities
Minimum Requirements to fulfill the position:
- Teacher Qualified per Department of Social Services which includes the core classes below. May be currently in school completing final units.
- 12 Core Early Childhood Education units are mandatory
- Child development
- Child, family & community
- Principals and practicum
- Preschool curriculum class
- Infant Course
- 1 or more years of experience working in a Licensed Preschool Facility
- Drug and Alcohol-Free- drug test prior to hire
- Pediatric First Aid & CPR certified (may complete within the first 30 days of employment)
- Positive reference checks from last 3 employers.
- Professional appearance and dress
- AA Degree in Early Childhood Education or Human Development Child Development or Early Childhood Education or Child Development Permit
- Knowledge and application of the philosophies and practices of NAEYC
Open Positions include:
- Infant Teacher
- Toddler Teacher
- Floating Teacher (all ages)
General Description of the Position: This is an hourly position. Teachers are responsible for curriculum, lesson planning, program implementation, assessments, parent/ teacher communication, training and staff development, and summer programs. We are year-round and full day. Must be willing and able to run and play with children. All teachers must have the ability to sit on the floor, hold and carry small infants/ small children.
Who we are looking for: EDUCATORS! Our schools are filled with professional, team-oriented, creative, educated, goal driven individuals. Our standards for our teachers are those of self-directed, empowered individuals who set the tone of their classroom through consistency and positive interactions. We have high standards for all aspects of our schools and look for candidates who will complement our talents, abilities, and personalities. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive environment for children of all ages, needs, and backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time and Part-time opportunities are available.
Salary Range: $15.00 to $18.00 + (hourly) all salary is based on appropriate education and relevant experience.
Early Childhood Education is our passion and we bring that passion through Brighton's doors every day. Goal number one is to provide a loving, enriching, educational and fun environment for our children. Goal number two is to develop life -long relationships with our families and parents, giving them the ultimate piece of mind, knowing their children are enjoying the best in high quality care and education. Goal number three is to provide an energetic, professional, supportive, team oriented, appreciative atmosphere for our staff. Our team is exceptional!
Nobel Learning Communities
Stanford Madera Grove Children's Center
Stanford Arboretum Children's Center
Stock Farm Road Children's Center