Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Anonymous
Accounting Technician- Unum- Dorking- Up to £23,000
We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we're one of the UK's leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don't know that we've been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life - companies you're more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
Responsible for ensuring the commission payments in accordance with our Terms of Business are accurately paid to the approved authorised intermediary & accurately update our financial systems with commissions paid to ensure that the correct cost of business acquired is recorded in our accounts.
- Maintain and update records on Corporate Systems relating to the payment of Commissions to Intermediaries.
- Collect Commission adhering to the chase procedures & quarterly reporting to FSA.
- Adhere to existing controls and give consideration to continuous improvement on an ongoing basis to prevent control failures.
- Ensure all work is performed within agreed SLA's.
- Establish and maintain internal and external customer relationships.
- Prepare monthly financial journals of commission information for posting to the Corporate Systems and perform analytical review on accounting data within agreed SLA's.
- Complete Customer Feedback forms as appropriate to resolve customer issues to the satisfaction of Unum and the customer
- Support systems development including systems testing as required.
- Conduct a high level of quality checking in line with agreed procedures.
- Take ownership of Personal Development Plan to enable you to actively participate in regular 1:1's with your manager.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum's information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum's Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
- Delivers Results
- Sets high goals for personal accomplishment and contribution to team/area goals; monitors progress and works diligently to meet/exceed goals.
- Develops Self
- Displays strong capacity and thirst for learning and developing broad business and leadership skills; openness to diverse ideas & experiences and has keen self-awareness re: strengths and areas of development.
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Evaluates options by thinking both critically and holistically when considering relevant information and potential implications to both the team and company; chooses an effective option.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Displays strong understanding of own department and good general understanding of overall business objectives, evolving customer needs and technological solutions; applies continuous improvement practices to enhance business processes and results.
- Strong Teamwork
- Actively works collaboratively to help move the team toward the completion of team and business goals.
- Values Driven
- Interacts with others, internally and externally, in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization; operates with highest integrity/ethics.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Product Knowledge.
- Systems knowledge - AWD, GPAS, GROMIT, Group Ledger, IPAS, ALIS, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Regulations and Legislation.
- Intermediary Accounting Techniques.
- Use of Systems - AWD, GPAS, GROMIT, Group Ledger, IPAS, ALIS, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Application of Processes and Procedures.
- Compulsory Annual Training.
- Product and Systems Training.
Minimum entry criteria (including Qualifications)
- PC Literate including Word & Excel, ability to interpret instructions, methodical, accurate and numerical.
- GCSE's (or equivalent) including English & Mathematics.
- Ability to work as a team as well as on own initiative.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organisation and management of time whilst working under pressure and delivers on commitments to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems applies critical, logical reasoning to resolve issues.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.
Page Personnel Finance
Trial Balance Consulting
Trial Balance Consulting