Analyst, Technology Resources
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Elmhurst College
- Serves as a level two technology support representative for OIS and stands in as the next in command over the support team in the absence of level three technicians or department leadership.
- Analyzes inventory of computer lab, employee office, classroom, and meeting space technology and provides replacement and procurement recommendations.
- Coordinates technology procurement by recommending hardware and software, and collecting internal billing information. This includes audiovisual technology, computer hardware and software, and telephony.
- Facilitates software licensing renewals, including quoting, ordering, and tracking of installation and licensing materials, and communicates changes and new requirements with vendors.
- Documents standard operating procedures for all services provided by technicians to ensure security and accuracy, and to reduce repeating incidents and incomplete service requests.
- Documents and supports the technology account creation and closure processes for students, faculty, and staff by monitoring scheduled tasks and running daily Colleague processes. Understands how the account management process functions and relates to services and applications used by all campus constituencies.
- Holds primary responsibility for campus communications related to technology changes, maintenance, upgrades, and new initiatives.
- Provides leadership for the Help Desk, informing staff members of the status of technology systems and current projects.
- Creates technology training programs, resources, and documentation for faculty and staff as needed.
- Facilitates group and individual training sessions for faculty and staff related to systems, applications, and new or changing technologies.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Supports mission, vision and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or business administration related field.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Budgeting, inventory, procurement, and asset tracking experience.
- Experience with desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, and printers.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest's best values in higher education. Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College's mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an EO Employer. Elmhurst College prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.