Learning Support Assistant
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Anonymous
Learning Support Assistant - Poole - Multi-sites - Part time - Permanent - £8.75 per hour
Do you have experience of supporting, advising and students with learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviours?
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity to support the learning experience for students for a renowned college?
Are you a caring and welcoming individual with the ability to reassure and support candidates?
If so, Bournemouth and Poole College would like you to apply to join their energetic and friendly learning support team in Poole. As a Learning Support Assistant you work closely with students with a range of learning difficulties to ensure that they receive a positive learning experience and can fully achieve their potential. We are looking for individuals who have previous experience providing additional learning support and who can demonstrate a personable and caring approach to their work.
If you feel you have the emotional intelligence and compassion to be successful in this role, then please do apply today!
Bournemouth & Poole College are the largest provider of further education and apprenticeships within the area, we have around 11,000 students from across the UK and rest of the world! Our passion is to ensure students are qualified, find jobs and can therefore progress in their career. We are proud to say our apprenticeship training is ranked in the top 30% of colleges and that we work with over 2,000 successful business's.
As a Learning Support Assistant for Bournemouth & Poole College you will facilitate success for students with the wide range of support and resources available to deliver a flexible, student-centred approach. You will work with students to allow students to achieve their full potential and successfully complete their study programme. The nature of this position will vary considerably. according to the unique needs of each individual student or student group and you will play an important part in tailor-making the student programmes.
Other duties will include:
- Participate in classroom observations with specialist practitioners
- Attend training where necessary
- Setting up and creation of equipment/resources
- Attend team meetings
- When required provide assistance with student's medical, personal and pastoral needs in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Act as a reader, scribe or invigilator for student exams
- Participate in student induction
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes:
- Understanding of additional learning needs and disabilities
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft applications (use of Pro Monitor and FE - desirable)
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- Experience engaging with people at all levels on an individual basis
- Team Player
- Ability to work independently
- Sensitive and empathetic approach
- Proven ability to work to current level 2 maths and English (qualification or evidence of)
- Helpful and caring personality
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
If you feel you have what it takes for this Learning Support Assistant role, then please click apply and complete our application process through the college careers page.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
The closing date for applications will be Monday 17 th December and interviews will be held shortly after this.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
Morgan Hunt UK Limited
Broadoak Mathematics & Computing College
HONEYWELL JUNIOR & INFANTS SCHOOL