Lead Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by SO1 GmbH
Salary: €60.000 - €100.000
Expires at: 2019-02-05
SO1 is the leading artificial intelligence for retail.
We are building a revolutionary AI promotion platform based on machine learning and seamless retail integration. The SO1 Engine learns autonomously about individual consumer's preferences and their willingness-to-pay, providing real-time targeting across various media channels in the form of individual promotion feeds. Working with leading retailers in Europe and North America, SO1 has proven its superior ability to serve up the right offers to consumers while at the same time maximizing financial impact for retailers and globally recognized brands.
SO1 has been backed by high-profile investors with 8-figure investments and continues to focus on building the best AI for retail.
Our Team and Culture
At SO1 you will find the highly professional work environment of developed businesses combined with the flexibility and fun atmosphere of a start-up. We are passionate about what we do and share an open, valuing, respectful and cooperative behavior. We are not just looking for talented people, but for personalities who are a great addition to our team.
We are looking for an experienced and talented machine learning expert to lead our growing team of machine learning engineers. As team lead, you will:
- Shape the future of SO1 by creating and executing a strategy for our machine learning technology that will impact the lives of millions of retail consumers
- Support, mentor and coach team members to the top of their potential in applying state of the art machine learning techniques to our data
- Be responsible for the onboarding of new employees, feedback sessions and trainings
- Develop mathematical abstractions covering business needs in flexible ways
- Come up with ideas for models, prototype them, deploy to production and run A/B tests
- Establish communication channels, and synthesize and relate the relevant information from the ML team to stakeholders
- Significant industry experience bringing large-scale machine learning models to production
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- A curious, creative, and analytical mindset
- Strong fundamentals in statistics, probability theory, information theory, linear algebra, computer science, data structures and algorithms
- Deep familiarity with Python, Unix and SQL
- Experience working with very large datasets and live production systems
- Experience with gradient boosting and/or deep learning
- Public activity in the ML scene (Kaggle, papers, conferences, meetups, videos, open source projects)
- Background in fintech/adtech/research
- Experience with either of:
- representation learning
- semi-supervised learning
- reinforcement learning
- natural language processing
- ranking & recommendation
- metaheuristics and optimization
- generative models
- a revolutionary platform that meets a strong customer need,
- a highly energetic environment and smart colleagues who will help you accelerate your professional growth,
- freedom to shape your role and significantly impact the company's direction and future,
- above-average base salary and performance-based compensation,
- possible stock options after you have proven your impact,
- a job in one of the hottest cities in the world and amenities like free drinks & snacks, team events, and an office with a huge rooftop terrace in the middle of Prenzlauer Berg.
- opportunity to acquire data science and machine learning skills
Daimler Mobility Services GmbH