Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by WMRecruit
Reporting to Head of Finance for a key division this is a key role in the Insurance side of this growing and vibrant Financial services business who are passionate about achieving the best for both their customers and employees and supports flexible working.
The role will be responsible for supporting with key elements of regulatory and statutory reporting as well as aspects of business planning and analysis.
- Working with the actuarial team to complete the quarterly and annual Solvency II reporting to the regulator
- Ownership of the IFRS financial statements.
- Preparation of corporation tax return workings and monitoring of divisions tax compliance.
- Primary point of contact for actuarial team requests for financial data.
- Cash flow and funding planning and analysis.
- Report writing; board reports, results commentary, business updates
- Support other Finance Managers, Heads of Finance and CFOs with ad-hoc requests and projects e.g. new accounting standards, significant accounting transactions etc.
- General monitoring of financial control environment.
- Provide some monthly management accounting support
- Streamline and improve financial reporting processes.
- Liaison with external tax and accounting advisors and auditors as required.
- Strong experience in financial reporting and technical accounting role.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong understanding of accounting principles (IFRS)
- Long-term insurance experience (desirable)
- Understanding of Solvency II Pillar 3 reporting (desirable)
- Computer Literate - Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Word, Powerpoint and preferably Access.
- Ability to build good relationships with peers and senior management from all areas of the business
This a great time to be joining this thriving business offering flex working and career development with a great benefits package. For more information please apply now
Allen Lane Financial Recruitment
Hays Specialist Recruitment