Senior Functional Consultant - Treasury
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
We are looking to recruit a Talented Functional Consultant specialising in Treasury Technology,this role exists to define and deliver our new Treasury management system: FIS Quantum. This role will involve working with the software vendor and gaining an in-depth understanding of how our system will be configured and designed which will give you the in-depth knowledge to be able to support the solution and the enhancements required over the next few years after the go live in 2020. You will ideally have Quantum knowledge and have worked at FIS or supported another Quantum Treasury project at another major Corporate.
1. Strategy and Architecture:
• Ensures the FIS Quantum solution is designed for effective maintenance on an ongoing basis and GSK drives business benefit from its investment in FIS tools and products in the long term
• Maintains an understanding of the relevant GSK business models and strategic direction
• Provides expert guidance, support and recommendations regarding greater leverage of the FIS product set to leverage greater business benefit for GSK
• Ensures that the design aligns with GSK architectural requirements and current processes in place. Some knowledge of SAP integration and processes would be beneficial although not essential. There will be interfaces to SAP for GL accounting from Quantum and aggregated exposure positions will be integrated into Quantum. Outside of this we are also embarking on various Analytical reporting projects using the latest SAP solutions
• Works closely with the Product owner of the entire Treasury solution landscape to ensure optimal integration achieved across the core Treasury platforms: FIS Quantum, SAP Inhouse cash and SAP cash management and the reporting tools utilised e.g.: SAP BI, QlikView, Power BI etc
2. Change and Major Activities:
• Undertakes detailed evaluation / planning work for the early phases of the project.
• Defines the Technical area of the solution which needs to be delivered within the separate phases of the Treasury project to meet the business requirements
• Follows the GSK processes for new design and builds around BCR (change requests) and ITMS delivery process and the appropriate Governance
• Ensures that any business needs that drive a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered and that best practice Treasury processes from Quantum are followed. Here you will use your knowledge and experience from past Treasury projects to keep the project on track with best practice solutions followed. Therefore, the skills and knowledge of Quantum reporting structures and technical set up is key to this role.
3. Project Design and Deployment:
• Ensures the FIS Quantum design follows best practice
• Ensures GSK Business Processes and Requirements are fully understood and aligned with what the tool can deliver. Liaising with the business during the project to capture any deviations
• Ensures the solutions designed within the Strategy are successfully implemented and that the benefits associated with the solution are realised
• Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills to senior stakeholders
• Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and fully operational status through excellent Quantum functional knowledge
• Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable him/her to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes
• Work across organisational boundaries and within all Business Units
• Recognises, analyses and solves problems and resolves project plan deviations as they are encountered
• Actively shares resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
• Provides KT to other individuals within Tech other departments as required for support of the solution
Please ensure you apply before 30th Nov 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Extensive experience working with the Quantum solution as a consultant or directly working in another multinational organisation supporting the Quantum solution
• Extensive experience of core Treasury processes across Front, middle, back office and accounting and a good understanding of the integration of other core solutions e.g.: Trading platforms, accounting.
• Experience with HPQC Test Scripting Methodology.
• Experience and knowledge of a project where the solution has consisted of SAP and Quantum integrated into the existing landscape
• Experience of working on a global template
• Knowledge and experience of SAP solutions in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment but not critical
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.