Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aviva
This role is supporting the governance framework around the Aviva UK Life Retirement Solutions investment platforms " the adviser platform, the customer platform & the Corporate Platform.
To enable Aviva to maintain compliance with the FCA CASS & COBS Rulebooks by overseeing and monitoring Platform Operational activity in respect of all client money and client asset transactions.
Oversee operational processes carried out by both outsource suppliers of these platforms to ensure Aviva remains fully compliant with above rulebooks, as well as TCF principles & provide customers with peace of mind so that they can rely on Aviva to administer their investments correctly and with care and integrity.
You would be working as part of a team of 22 within the UK LRS Business Unit. Working in CASS & Middle office the role will require the individual to build, maintain and monitor processes to support the daily cash flows relating to client money and assets while overseeing all investment operations processes.
Due to the growing supervision from the FCA on CASS compliance and the firms need to adapt to a changing regulatory environment the individual will have the opportunity to provide support to projects and developments ensuring CASS compliance is considered and adhered to, as well as utilise and build on existing networks of contacts to ensure adherence to the risk framework principles.
What responsibilities will you have?
- Performing compliant internal and external client money reconciliations;
- Perform complaint external custody reconciliations;
- Ensure that day to day funding is put in place;
- Active monitoring of investment operational processes focussing on one or more of the following : Trading (funds, equities, structured products), Distributions, Asset price feeds, Corporate actions, Cash and unit rebates;
- Ownership and resolution of specific issues identified by monitoring.
- Understand causes of failures and identify areas of weakness while working with the various business areas and/or third parties to resolve them and mitigate the risk of them reoccurring;
- Calculation of customer remediation for large scale and bulk errors to understand the extent to which customer investments have been negatively impacted;
- Periodic reviews of operational process maps and Procedure documents to ensure they remain accurate and compliant;
- Build and develop working relationships with Aviva business areas and third parties.
What skills & experience do you need?
- Deep understanding of the risks faced by the Aviva Platform businesses and the controls in place to manage and mitigate these risks;
- Deep understanding of the regulatory regime that the Platform businesses operate under;
- Knowledge of the CASS requirements and standards and the implications of these on both Aviva and its customers;
- Skilled in working with large volumes of data and using that data to accurately identify and resolve risk issues;
- Relationship management and influencing skills both internally within the team and externally with 3rd party suppliers
- Experience of risk management and process monitoring preferably with a focus on an investment platform environment
- Experience of or qualifications to evidence strong knowledge or reconciliation activity for client money and client assets.
- Understand the Platform market and how any developments affect the regulatory framework.
- Knowledge of the products on the Platform (SIPP, ISA & Investment Account), how they operate and the features available under each.
- Deep understanding of the business areas key processes, controls and risks and the relevance of these on your role.
- CISI Investment Operations Certificate or equivalent desired.
What will you get for this role?
- Basic salary range of £20,000-£35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications;
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme;
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review;
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days;
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through My Aviva Extras plus discounts for Friends and Family;
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and well support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent/carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Equal Opportunity at Aviva
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By minimum criteria we mean that you need to provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
If you require an alternative method of applying Daniela Krol at
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.