Auto Salon Detailer
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Wireless Advocates
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, Car Toys is the largest independent multi-channel specialty car audio and mobile electronics retailer with locations in Colorado, Oregon, Texas and Washington. We offer a broad selection of the very best mobile entertainment, navigation road safety, and security systems from top manufacturers and pride ourselves on providing outstanding customer service, and maintaining a superior standard for product installation and user satisfaction. As one of the leading third party purveyors of wireless phones, Car Toys offers customers the advantage of one-stop shopping for a wide variety of cutting-edge wireless phones and plan options to meet every need.Responsibilities
1. Customer Service
- Provides superior, professional customer service in all dealings with customers and potential customers, both on the phone and in-person.
- Honor our clean car guarantee with every car.
- Builds long-term repeat relationships with customers through personal integrity, detailing and product expertise.
- Achieves personal detailing production goals.
- Meets or exceeds all Company minimum detailing and performance standards while complying with all related policies, procedures and methods.
- While at work, speaks and acts in a professional manner at all times.
- Participates in problem-solving and finding solutions to work issues.
- Promotes a positive working environment.
- Stays current with all Company communications including but not limited to Company promotions, policies, business best practices and Detailing minimum standards & services.
4. Marketing, Merchandising and Areas of Responsibility
- Maintains assigned area of responsibility to standards.
- Keeps detailing area clean and organized at all times and sweeps floor regularly throughout the day.
- Assists in detailing area maintenance projects as assigned.
- Completes detail sheets and other detailing paperwork timely and accurately.
- Schedules job correctly when assistance is requested.
- Detailers are directly responsible for recording their time worked accurately. Including checking in and out of work daily, using e-time records and correctly following e-time policy and procedures.
- Assists in loss prevention through awareness, attention to detail and integrity. Honors the Integrity Commitment.
- Complies with all operational policies.
- Wash vehicle exterior, using pressure washer or by hand, cleaning solution, water, cloths, and brushes.
- Apply wax to auto body, and wipe or buff surface to protect surface and preserve shine, using cloth or buffing machine.
- Vacuum interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris, using vacuum cleaner.
- Clean upholstery, rugs, and other surfaces, using cleaning agents, applicators, and cleaning devices.
- Apply re-vitalizers and preservation agents to vinyl or leather surfaces and treat fabrics with spot- and stain- resistant chemicals to preserve and protect interior components.
- Apply Company provided special-purpose cleaners to remove foreign materials which normal cleaning procedures do not remove, utilizing experience and judgment and following recommendations of the product's manufacturer.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
6. Self Development
- Attends all mandatory scheduled training meetings, both in-location and company-wide.
- Personally completes all appropriate training and testing opportunities within required timeframes.
- Incorporates principles and skills learned into daily work life.
- Continues to develop auto salon skills including but not limited to detailing, paint protection film(PPF), window tint and leather services knowledge by working in tandem with the Auto Salon Supervisor or assigned mentor and by utilizing professional guides.
- As assigned, develops additional Auto Salon skills and knowledge by working in tandem with the Auto Salon Supervisor or assigned mentor and by utilizing professional guides as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory or budgetary authority.
- This position is responsible for executing pertinent group and departmental Key Metrics.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and coworkers, internal and external customers. Must demonstrate effective teamwork with other location employees and with other Company employees.
- Current valid drivers' license and a good driving record.
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Willingness to learn and adaptable to change
- Willingness to follow Company policies and procedures.
- Experience in automotive detailing preferred
- Flexibility in being able to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Commitment to professionalism/quality of work
- Hard-working TEAM player willing to go the extra mile to succeed!
- English proficiency (verbal and written)
- Clear and effective verbal presenter of ideas/recommendations using tact and courtesy