Quantity Surveyor, Real Estate Consultancy - Central London
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Varnom Ross
Real Estate Consultancy - Central London
Quantity Surveyor. London, UK
Our client is a top tier global real estate services and investment management company with more than 13,000 skilled professionals operating in 69 countries. What sets them apart is not what they do, but how they do it. Their culture encourages people to think differently, share great ideas and create solutions that help their clients accelerate their success.
- Pre-construction services to include but not limited to:
- Prepare initial feasibility estimate for appraisal purposes, including visiting site
- Prepare further cost plans as necessary during the design process
- Prepare a final cost plan in respect of the detailed design proposals for client sign-off
- Advise as to appropriate tendering, contractual and insurance arrangements
- Assist in the selection and the vetting of contractors and specialist sub-contractors and suppliers to be invited to submit tenders. If required, make financial checks and devise and participate in pre-tender qualification procedures
- Prepare tender documents and issue tender enquiries, and deal with tender queries
- Assist in defining warranty requirements
- Receive and analyse tenders and report upon tenders received.
- Prepare contract documents for execution and arrange their execution
Construction Period Services to include but not limited to:
- Report to the client monthly as to the actual and projected final cost of the Development
- Issue monthly interim valuations and contractor's VAT invoice under the Building Contract (Certificate by CA)
- Produce cost estimates for proposed variations
- Prepare and negotiate the settlement of the final account under the Building Contract
- Agree loss and expense claims with contractor
- Attend all periodic and ad hoc pre-contract meetings, policy meetings, design team meetings, project meetings and similar meetings as required
- Provide any assistance and information required for capital allowances purposes by the Client's Taxation Advisor
- Assist senior members of the team on an ad-hoc basis
- Must possess excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Must possess excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Must possess excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must have proficient IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Must be willing to learn, to be proactive, and to contribute to the success of the Department
Qualifications and experience:
- Must possess the relevant degree of practical experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the commercial property market
- Must be an MRICS qualified Quantity Surveyor or be working towards obtaining MRICS chartered status, and possess good technical and market knowledge
For more details, please upload your CV and contact us on .
Please note, not all of our opportunities are advertised. Please enquire on the number above, or email Alex at and I will get back to you.
Varnom Ross - Doing things differently, for the benefit of all.
Randstad Construction, Property & Engineering