Senior Consultant - Asset Management
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by WYG
Senior Consultant - Asset Management
As a member of the Asset Management team, you will be responsible for liaising closely with fellow engineers and consultants within S&AM in a role with wide ranging responsibilities and scope for development. Having a strong building services engineering background, either as a tradesperson or through an M&E design/facilities management career, you will have a good working knowledge of engineering plant, equipment and an understanding of applicable building services standards.
- Undertake asset verification, condition or dilapidation surveys on Mechanical and Electrical Plant.
- Assess and provide specific insight into the condition, performance and operational risk of M&E systems by undertaking non-intrusive inspections.
- Correctly identify, anticipate and if appropriate, research all M&E assets expected in any built environment.
- Gather and analyse as much information as is available onsite from the assets, Building Management Systems and O&M Manuals if required.
- Where required, review statutory compliance documentation pertaining to Building Regulations, H&S and Fire Safety.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with on-site engineers and staff to gain access to all areas within a site
- Manage client relationships at operational level with project teams and FM Service Providers.
- Prepare professional client reports and dashboards to a high standard on progress against S&AM deliverables.
- Review lifecycle expenditure requests on behalf of clients and comment of appropriateness and technical / commercial robustness.
- Work with the project teams, FM service providers and other S&AM team members to generate or review lifecycle plans.
Technical / Commercial
- Collating information from client projects and the industry to develop and maintain up to date and robust pricing information which supports the S&AM function.
- Identify ways to reduce cost, improve efficiency and drive best value across client portfolios.
- Maintain a library of information on M&E elements including strategic providers on product types rates and activity cycle.
- Develop solutions based on relevant best practice
- Contributes to the delivery of innovative solutions for clients
- Experience in building services engineering and asset maintenance/replacement
- Engineering qualifications, ideally having been time served in an Electrical/Mechanical trade
- Experience of working within the built environment
- Experience of utilising reporting tools
- Experience of interpreting information and undertaking analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a conclusion
- Ability to work away from the home office and potentially abroad
- Suitability for security clearance
- Knowledge of asset management principles
- Able to build strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained
- Experience with web based (database) software platforms
- Driving licence
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
It is essential that the post holder has an academic qualification in mechanical and/or electrical engineering/building services or related discipline at least up to HND level or equivalent.
The candidate should ideally already possess or to be actively working towards a professional qualification in engineering, or facilities management.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers, travel insurance and variable holiday. You will also benefit from great training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
- International Development
- Infrastructure & Built Environment
- Programme & Project Management
- Surveying & Asset Management
- Planning and Transport
WYG plc's shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.