Graduate Civil Engineer - Site Development
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Arup
Arup is one of the world's leading building design consultancies with a project portfolio that is second to none. We design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
We operate in an environment where collaboration and innovation go hand-in-hand to deliver cutting-edge solutions to problems and world-class projects.
Due to our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, Arup has been successful in the assessment and development of major sites for more than 30 years. We typically take on challenging sites and through the application of our skills, and collaboration with colleagues and other professionals, we prepare the sites to be consented and enabled for a range of end uses including: -
- Small to large mixed-use developments, including housing and employment uses
- Public Spaces
- Urban infrastructure
- Transport-related Infrastructure
- Energy generation and distribution
- Support on a wide range of projects in the built environment including designing external drainage, utilities, highways and public realm for hospitals, sports stadia, educational and commercial buildings
The experience and skills of our teams allow us to provide advice at all stages of a project, from first conception through master planning, detailed design and construction.
Current projects are varied, exciting and often high profile. They include the design of external works for major developments and of infrastructure across the UK, international projects, and site development projects on brownfield land where our integrated approach can radically influence what is built and where thus improving the quality of peoples' lives and of the local environment.
What you'll be doing
You will provide support to our well-established team to deliver an effective and professional service to our clients. Due to the nature of our work you will have the opportunity to gain a broad range of experience.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Appraising or designing roads, earthworks, drainage and utility networks, pavements, public realm, flood alleviation works, and civil structures, typically a part of a wider team.
- Working with Arup colleagues in specialisms such as Geotechnics, Highways, Rail, Aviation, Transport Planning, Building Engineering, Sustainability and Environmental Planning
- Working with collaborators such as architects and planners
- Meeting with clients, local authorities, and other stakeholders - including site visits
- Preparing design calculations, often using specialist software
- Involved in providing advice at all stages of a project, from first conception through master planning, detailed design and construction
What we look for
We encourage our Graduate Civil Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- The opportunity to work on some of the world's greatest projects with technical challenges that will stretch and challenge your skills
- Training and support towards professional accreditation and career development opportunities
- A competitive salary and welcome bonus
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- Opportunities to work on international projects
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- Various sports and social activities in all our locations