Commercial Banking, Global Graduate Programme
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by HSBC
We are looking for motivated and dedicated graduates who will become the future leaders of HSBC. At HSBC we are open to diverse ideas and cultures, being connected to our customers, communities and each other, and being dependable. These are the values that guide us every day as we strive to do the right thing for HSBC and our customers. We seek to recruit people who share these values and will help us to sustain them.
This programme appeals particularly to individuals who are great relationship builders, problem solvers, curious learners and empathetic communicators who are keen to grow the commercial banking business and have high levels of integrity.
MORE ABOUT THE COMMERCIAL BANKING GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Our Graduate programme is structured across 18 months, broken down into three six-month placements in
The relationship management placement will enable you to build knowledge and experience in two key areas of banking. They are financial/non-financial analysis of a company and managing a relationship with the company. Within these areas you will be involved in client meetings, dealing with queries from the stakeholder and supporting the Relationship Director in their activities.
This placement is designed to enhance your knowledge of the products we offer to our customers. You will be working as an analyst to support generating new income for the ever-evolving strategy of the business lines (Global Trade and Receivables Finance, Global Liquidity and Cash Management, and Commercial Banking). Roles can either be in the front line or head office.
Managing and mitigating risk is crucial within HSBC, and you have the opportunity to learn from the many sectors (Financial Crime, Credit Risk, Loan Management Unit) that fall into this area. You will gain an understanding of how we as a business mitigate risks across the business lines to best serve our customers.
YOU AND YOUR CAREER JOURNEY
Not only will you gain valuable experience in the different areas within Commercial Banking (CMB), you will have access to a wealth of training and development opportunities, including support to study for a professional qualification, a graduate buddy, a senior business mentor and a dedicated programme manager. You can also shape your graduate scheme by joining:
- HSBC Commercial Banking (CMB) Graduate Forum - The graduate team works collaboratively to organise Development Days and expand the graduate community skill sets.
- HSBC Graduate Communities Committee - You can actively give back to the community by getting involved in events to support our leading charity 'The Alzheimer's Society' or local charities in your area.
- HSBC Generation Z Committee - This was designed by graduates to inspire students in schools by providing them with the skills they need to join and succeed in the workforce and show them how to demonstrate inclusivity in today's diverse office spaces.
- HSBC Graduate Attraction Team - You can get involved in visiting universities across the country to attract and recruit top undergraduate talent, while sharing your passion and knowledge of HSBC. This includes but is not limited to Careers Fairs, employability sessions and networking events. You can also assist in the planning and organising of events for the HSBC attraction campaign.
WHO WE ARE
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world. With presence in 67 countries and territories serving around 38 million customers, our ambition is centred on growth by connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper. Our network covers both established and emerging markets across Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America. Within these markets, we serve our customers through our global businesses: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, Global Private Banking, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
- Minimum 2.1 honours degree or equivalent (predicted or gained),
- Minimum 300 UCAS points or 120 UCAS points or for those who passed exams before 2017 (or equivalent) across top three A Level subjects excluding General studies.
- The location for this role is UK wide, therefore, you must be able to commit to being nationally mobile and be available to undertake the travel required for this role.
- You can only apply for one HSBC Graduate Programme each year
- By time of starting employment, successful candidates must have permission to work in the UK for the entirety of the program.