Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by PA Consulting Group
The circa 120 strong Implementation team, in conjunction with wider PA experts, delivers complex programmes and transformations to help our clients deliver their most challenging strategic objectives. Our work covers both Public, Private and Third sectors and the ability to take best practice from the different areas is considered a key differentiator by our clients. Our approach is hands on and pragmatic, our focus in on delivery of challenging problems not writing reports on theoretical problems. This has seen us deliver mission critical technology solutions for many of the large multinational banks, deliver new innovative products for large manufacturing organisations and transform the way healthcare services are provided, improving the patient outcomes whilst simultaneously reducing costs.
We typically lead the delivery of portfolios and complex programmes, providing delivery expertise across the end-to-end delivery lifecycle, or subject matter expertise to fill gaps in a client's existing delivery team. The range of challenges include:
- Leading complex programmes in challenging environments, with diverse stakeholder groups and wide-ranging delivery teams
- Developing a clear "case for change" and managing the senior relationships to get the necessary environment in place for successful delivery
- Defining the right delivery approach for a strategic initiative and translating this into a realistic roadmap and route through to delivery
- Establishing governance and controls so the right decisions get made at important points
- Driving delivery, keeping it fast and smooth by managing integration across different functions
Managing the transition from programme to business as usual, so the strategic goals and benefits are successfully achieved.
Your role in Implementation
As a Graduate, you will work in highly innovative multi-disciplinary teams and be expected to take on significant responsibility, working with colleagues and clients at all levels from day one. Progression is based on merit, not time served. High performers will progress rapidly.
As an Implementation Graduate, you'll work on large scale business change and transformation programmes, through to 'hard' engineering and technology delivery projects, helping the Implementation team deliver creative solutions that make the difference. At PA you will be exposed to first class learning and development opportunities that will enable you to build a long and successful career.
There will be opportunities to start this role in April & September 2019.
What you'll bring to Implementation
- Have a 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Self-motivated and able to use their own initiative to work with limited supervision and direction.
- A collaborative team player, willing to challenge and be challenged.
- Driven to succeed in all situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The confidence to deal with people at all levels - including senior management.
- Is engaging with high levels of energy and enthusiasm.
- Able to deal with and respond positively and frequently to changing priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Is well organised with excellent time management skills.
- Can multitask and handle conflicting demands.
- Be willing to travel on business both in the UK and abroad.
The following experience is an advantage but by no means essential:
- Exposure to project/programme environments
- Experience in spreadsheets and presentation tools for the analysis of data and structured presentation of results
- Roles where you had to deal with and influence a wide range of people
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
About PA Consulting Groups
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
EARLY INTERVENTION FOUNDATION