Engineering Degree Apprentice, Bolton
Posted on Dec 18, 2018 by MBDA
MBDA offers Engineering Degree Apprenticeships at its brand new manufacturing site in Bolton. It is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a newly developed scheme on a well-established apprenticeship scheme.
What you will be doing
Engineering apprentices study towards a Mechanical Engineering degree at Bolton University on day release, and work within our business on rotational placements the remainder of the week, whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification, as well as gain a learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
Placements within the business include:
- Missile Engineering Team
- Circuit Card Assembly Engineering Team
- Test Engineering
- Actuator and Safety Systems Engineering Team
- Seeker Engineering Team
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- 2 x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- 2 day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You'll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning & development, managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded Mechanical Engineering Degree.
- On the job training and technical support.
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador.
- A range of personal development opportunities.
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days paid holiday plus statutory and public holidays.
- 5 days paid study days to prepare for exams, per year
What's great about joining this team?
A breadth of experience and support is available which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working and a state of the art manufacturing facility and laboratories aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What are we looking from you?
- Candidates must have a minimum of 120 UCAS points through either:
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma (DDM or above) in Engineering OR
- 3 A-Levels, with one in Maths and two others within any subject.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- A dedicated attitude and be comfortable taking the initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between university and work commitments.
What you would get:
- £14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4000 dependant on your performance in placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime as required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
Sign in to save to your shortlist
AGMA - Direct Source