Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by CHANNEL 5
Date: November 2018
Manager: Acquisitions Director
WHO YOU ARE
The C5 team are looking for an individual to research, review and make recommendations for the acquisition of programming for Channel 5's portfolio of channels. Experience and a special interest in non-scripted is a must. You will be able to formulate offers and negotiate rights.
The role is a crucial part of the Acquisitions team in finding and securing the very best content across all of our channels. You will have a keen editorial eye and be adept at forging and maintaining strong internal and external relationships at all levels. You must be a team play and be able to juggle multiple deals.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- View, report and make recommendations on a range of programming for potential acquisition by any of the Channel 5 portfolio of channels, and where necessary communicate decisions to distributors
- Formulate offers and negotiate strong rights positions across the portfolio
- Manage approval paperwork (BBAM) and ROI where needed for all deals submissions
- Meet with external distributors and production companies to source programming
- Research and source programming in accordance with channel requirements, keeping abreast of UK and International programming trends for possible acquisition
- Manage the reversioning of non-scripted content
- Liaise with a range of internal departments such as Compliance, Publicity, Planning/Scheduling, Press & Marketing to ensure all relevant information is supplied to them
- As required attend acquisition markets and festivals both in the UK and abroad
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams, devising and signing off on all trails for acquired series output in conjunction with Director of Programmes and Director of Acquisitions
- Ad hoc duties where necessary
YOU WILL HAVE
- Knowledge of and a passionate enthusiasm for television programming across all genres
- Demonstrate strong administrative skills, ideally in a busy, deadline-driven environment
- Sound editorial judgement
- Full awareness of Channel 5's relative competitive position
- An understanding of audience viewing patterns and tastes in the UK
- Good standard of IT literacy
- Some experience of working in an Acquisitions team
YOU WILL BE
- Communicative, a team player and able to multi task
- Used to navigating internal systems
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available at our website.
Closing Date: 10 December 2018