Early Years Practitioner
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT
Headteacher: Ms Laura Wynne
Hours: May be part time (3 days) or Full Time 36 hours, Term time (38 weeks + 5 days - inset days)
Salary: Scale 5 point 22 - 23 (£21,074 - £23,111), London weighting (£1,885) pro rata (thus actual FT salary approx. £20,436.18)
Start Date: January 2019
Kingsbury Green Primary is an "outstanding" primary school with 673 pupils, set in extensive grounds on the northern edge of Brent. We are an ambitious and forward looking vision for excellence in every aspect of our work. We are firmly on that path as pupils show confidence and behave in an extremely polite, thoughtful and supportive manner, which contributes to a very positive and nurturing school culture.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant who:
- Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team
- Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
- Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
- Has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative
- Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
- Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families
- Is willing to assist children with their personal care if needed
Candidates need to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the Early Years curriculum including writing observations.
- Ability to work well in a team
- High quality teaching of English, Maths and Phonics
- Good knowledge of behaviour management and reinforcing positive strategies
We can offer you:
- A happy, caring school with an inclusive ethos
- A fully supported induction process
- An opportunity to use your skills and develop professionally
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is essential for the post.
How to apply:
Close and shortlisting date: 17th December 2018 at 11.00am
Interview: 18th,19th,20th December
To download an application pack, please visit our website via the button below or if you require further information please contact the school office on:
Kingsbury Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment.
References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates prior to interview. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from both men and women of all ages from any background and from candidates with disabilities.
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Entire Recruitment Solutions Ltd
LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT
LONDON BOROUGH OF BRENT