Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Ascension
Technologist-Histology - Lab Histology Anc 001 - Full-Time,Day - St Thomas Midtown Hospital - Nashville,TN
Why Join Ascension?
Why Saint Thomas Health?
Saint Thomas Health is a family of Middle Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve.
Saint Thomas Health is the leading faith-based health care system in Tennessee and is a part of Ascension , the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system. We are committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
What Saint Thomas Health has to offer:
- Power of Purpose : For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork : We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development : By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits : Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment : We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare 's toughest challenges.
As a Registered Nurse, you could serve in a Primary Stroke Accredited, Chest Pain Accredited, and Bariatric Center of Excellence Accredited hospital.
- Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension Health with 6600 births annually
- 58,000+ ED visits
- State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
- Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
- Robust robotic surgical program
The qualifications you will need :
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to
Collects and prepares tissue specimens for complex and specialized tests to confirm a patient diagnosis. You will:
- Participates in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory including the review of tissue and bone marrow specimens.
- Demonstrates ability to operate and maintain equipment, perform quality control, and participate in technical problem solving.
- Provides instruction in theory, technical skills, safety protocols, and application of laboratory test procedures. Performs continuing education for laboratory personnel and maintains technical competence.
- Assists in the operations of the department, including the performance and maintenance of quality assurance, disposal of wastes, and proper safety practices.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Histotechnologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
AMERICAN TOXICOLOGY LABS LLC