Senior Project Engineer
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by UTC Aerospace Systems
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 71485BR Date posted 08/23/2018 City Windsor Locks
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That?s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn?t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Senior Project Engineer within in the Supplier Designed Equipment (SDE) organization will lead the KFX Program. The KFX program is a military jet application that requires components that are designed and manufactured by suppliers to meet UTAS requirements.
- Delivery of development and qualification documentation to support the use of these supplier designed parts in UTAS systems.
- Use of Standard Work Maps to progress the project through the phases of Preliminary Design (PDR), Detailed Design (CDR) and Verification and Validation.
- Communicate and resolve technical issues between the supplier and UTAS team members.
- 5+ years Project or Program Management experiences, preferably in a fast-paced aerospace environment.
- Experience working and leading Integrated Product Development teams.
- Experience in the Development to Production program phases.
- Experience with design, test, and manufacture of sensors and electric systems.
- Familiarity with mechanical/electrical/manufacturing engineering concepts.
- Experience managing/leading projects utilizing an Earned Value Management System highly preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute technical and business proposals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project & Excel.
- Experience working resource plans necessary for successful program operation.
- Successful candidate will be highly adaptable and will inspire confidence in their team by maintaining a positive attitude while driving accountability and urgency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- BS in a relevant Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Materials).
- Advanced degree in Engineering and/or Business desired.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] .