Senior Operations Quality Engineering
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by UTC Aerospace Systems
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 70733BR Date posted 08/16/2018 City Phoenix
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That?s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn?t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world?s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products and is a unit of United Technologies Corporation, a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. This associate will provide direct quality engineering support during nonconformance investigations related to assembly and test of electronic controls used in aircraft applications.
- Relentless root cause analysis of customer and internal quality defects
- Nonconforming material management and disposition
- Data analysis/reporting
- Audit facilitation
- Product delivery/conformity
- Direct customer interface
- Direct customer interface experience
- Experience in a AS9100 or regulatory compliance operations environment
- 7+ years of engineering/technical experience, with at least 2 years in quality engineering position
- ACE Associate certification and/or equivalent demonstrated knowledge and successful application of tools and techniques relating to Process Certification, Relentless Root Cause Analysis, Mistake proofing, standard work, and reduction of quality escapes.
- This candidate must have a demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement/defect reduction events, preferably utilizing a D.I.V.E methodology.
- Knowledge in SAP quality notification application
- Proficiency in Window based applications.
- Bachelor?s degree in engineering or related field is required.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] .