Home Agent Support Specialist - OKC
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by The Hertz Corporation
The Home Agent Desktop Support Analyst will be the primary point of contact for internal end users regarding all home agent computer and phone equipment issues and upgrades. Administration of the home agent program including: PC Support, inventory tracking, system configurations, troubleshooting, and ad hoc reporting. Possess familiarity with PC software and hardware components to assist end users in troubleshooting and resolving computer and telecommunications issues.
* Provide daily PC software, hardware and network support to end users as the primary contact for home and in-house agent equipment issues
* Perform set up and testing of new computers for deployment, install software and configure computers for home agent use.
* Manage deployment schedules for new equipment being sent home and for old equipment returns
* Troubleshoot home agent computer and telecom issues and resolve reported issues in ticket system
* Provide PC support to include: loading images, performing system updates, installing hardware and software, configuring machines for home use, configuring routers for VOIP
* Perform system testing of Home Agent equipment and perform upgrades as necessary.
* Compile bandwidth information and prepare for Voice over IP (VOIP) deployment for home agent population; support VOIP issues once deployed
* Communicate system changes or other technology updates affecting the Home Agents; prepare communication updates to assist in the deployment of system related changes to the Home Agents.
* Maintain Home Agent equipment inventory.
* Report Home Agent results weekly
* Provide training and documentation to transition new participants into the Home Agent Program
* Ensure internal documentation is updated to reflect any program changes
* Maintain the Home Agent Web page.
* Provide on-call support, as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
Mandatory High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
Minimum 1-2 years experience/exposure to PC maintenance and support
Experience loading software and performing basic PC troubleshooting.
* Working knowledge of:
* Windows operating system / environment
* Lotus Notes / Outlook
* Must demonstrate technical abilities (load software, change system settings, troubleshoot issues etc.)
* Experience with Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty Systems
* Must have a high level of initiative with the ability to work independently under limited supervision
* Must be able to multi task on a daily basis and produce "on-time" results.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to provide clear and concise instructions and conduct training for home agent participants
* Excellent organization skills in order to ensure efficiency.
* Generates results that are consistently accurate.
* Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs in the movement of computer equipment (desktops, routers, etc.)
* Ability to perform well under pressure and under deadline-driven situations
* Due to the nature of this position, conveying a positive company image, neat appearance, pleasant personality, and good oral/written communication skills are essential. Must be able to work in a professional manner with all levels of management positions.
* Due to the nature of this position seniority will not be a determining factor in the selection for this position.
EEO StatementHertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans. SDL2017