Manufacturing Team Leader
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by UTC Aerospace Systems
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 76024BR Date posted 10/31/2018 City Foley
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Get onboard the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovation products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Facilitates the daily activities of a team of individuals performing various manufacturing or support tasks. Oversees, monitors and coordinates manufacturing team activities, giving importance to individuals members' and overall team achievement in achieving policy deployment objectives.
- Oversee, monitor and coordinate manufacturing team activities, giving importance to individual members? and overall team achievement in achieving policy deployment objectives.
- Ensures team goals are aligned with and represent the company?s objectives.
- Acts as a liaison between team members and other functional areas.
- Provide feedback for employee performance, coaching and training.
- Apply continuous improvement tools to business procedures
- Ensure compliance to all policies, processes and procedures
- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to provide verification of US Citizenship, permanent residency or work VISA to satisfy ITAR/EAR restrictions.
- Willing to relocate to Foley, Alabama: relocation or interview travel reimbursement may be available.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to support the business needs.
- Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
- Read, write, speak and understand English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Experience delivering formal presentations to large groups utilizing Microsoft Office PowerPoint and effective presentation skills.
- Advanced office administration skills such as typing, copying, organization and filing.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Self-directed and action-oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis and driving results.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others to team success.
- Proven leadership skills with ability to develop, enhance and support effective teamwork.
- Experience applying fundamental lean tools to achieve tangible results.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods.
- Current ACE Associate or equivalent Lean Manufacturing certification is preferred.
- Ability to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays as required in a salaried exempt role.
- Ability to work in a co-located role in a constant state of awareness adhering to shop floor EH&S requirements.
- Ability to work in compliance with company rules and policies within job function.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma plus actively pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Manufacturing/Business plus 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment including 2 years in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Manufacturing/Business plus 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment including 1 year in a supervisory or leadership capacity.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition .